Some pictures from this week 18/05

Bit of varied week this week started with a few drops down devon/cornwall and ended with drops in the northwest…

First drop to exeter city centre monday morning…

Thats the pallet on the pump truck took it all off only for the site manager to say to me that he might not want it now ahh…eventually he took it tho …

Next drop is a farm just outside exeter one of our regular drops but always a pain to get in and out of access is as tight as [zb]

View from the village on the way out

Next drop buckfastleigh

Stopped for the night at lee mill never been before but what a nice place food was a treat and reasonably priced

Up at 6am tuesday for the 2 hour drive to falmouth when i got there no one there so made a few phonecalls and after a short wait the guy turns up

Quick drive up to penryn

Decided to have my break about half hours drive from the next drop in bideford found some quiet layby where i thought i could have a sleep without being disturbed…after about 20 mins i wake up to hear banging on the door of the truck…its only my boss!!turns out hes on holiday for a week quite a surprise…thought i was in some nightmare and in my groggy state thought i must of been asleep for a week and they had come to find out what had happened to me lol…

Next drop Bideford…what a pain this place is…tight as [zb] to get in and out of and to find somewhere to stop and when youv done all that its hand ball off into the front of the shop…

The only way out is a tight left turn and onto a very dodgy camber then down this hill

Leaving Bideford

Next drop Barnstable bit of an easier drop

After a quick phone call to the office next job is in avonmouth but not ready to be picked up till 10am weds morning so after phone call to wrings im cleared to park in there yard overnight top stuff free secure parking with a tv and shower brilliant…

Collecting weds morning in avonmouth

After quick local collection in braintree i head home for the night…

Thursday 4am start to be in stoke for 8.30am booking

After a few more drops around stoke and newcastle and a drop at morning foods crewe i head up to salford for a small drop on the quays

Then head to TDG bromborough for a 7am booking friday …they let me park in the yard overnight

Friday morning
Unloading at TDG

Next job was a collection over the mersey in liverpool

Then a drop at bako in preston…

The pentons volvo on the right was stunning but i can never figure out why they are all rear lift axles rather then midlift??is it for traction??

After a phone call to the office got a collection from crewe of some furniture that came in on a container from cooper and buckley

Then back to newcastle for a collection

Then head for home ended up being a late one as i didnt leave newcastle till 4pm and was due a break in order to get home…8pm i finally finished…

Scotland next week so il have some more pictures hopefully

Enjoy!

Adam

Thought it was you on Haslington by-pass coming out of Crewe at about lunchtime yesterday.
If youd have been 15 minutes later in our yard i’d have bought you a coffee from our machine.(15p last of the big spenders !)

I was in the shotgun seat of the Cooper Buckley (no “and” by the way) Recovery truck with lowloader heading into Crewe.

Lee mill is a great little stop for food. If you get chance, try a pasty from the garage - excellent.
I was in cornwall all week. Nice little trunking run around plumbing supplies depots. Plymouth, Wadebridge, Newquay, Truro, Helston and St Austell. Fortunately I am finished by 3pm so all the Run to the Sun traffic on friday was on the other side of the A30.
That first drop in Exeter is about 1/2 mile from my house :smiley:
You’re not wrong about Bideford. I did a drop for somerfield up there a while back, and when I got there at 6am I drove round in circles for 10 minutes but couldn’t find the shop. Eventually a bin wagon stopped next to me and told me where to park. Then the shop workers come down a little alley with an electric trolly and ship everything into the store like that. I could have been going around for hours and not found the shop.

I’ve been in that very warehouse in TDG Brom lol.

Where in Scotland you going to? I’ll keep an eye out

Jammy sod! Wish I had your job! :laughing:

Tight turns and narrow streets with a rear lift 6 wheeler got character building for you :laughing: Show those lazy artic drivers how to do it properly :wink: Great diary, you must be covering some mileage nowadays, no wonder it’s never you in Essex that I see.

nice diary i was in that palletways place on wend happy bunch of nobs there. :laughing:

some nice pictures there matey :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

great photos mate looks like you had a good week.

nice pics mate look forward for the next instalment, be safe out there

Great pictures and diary! :sunglasses: :smiley:

I remember Bideford being tight in a car - I’ve never driven a truck there (and don’t fancy it much now, after seeing your pictures!) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nice diary mate.
i like those pentons motors too, always seem too look just right.

fantastic diary chap

I love doing our devon and cornwall run ,mind you I havent done it for the past few weeks

Great read and pictures, Adam, thanks for posting, keeps me smiling :smiley: :smiley:

Stu

Cool :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Great diary there man,you seem too enjoy your job :smiley: it seems too be a good one with a bit of a mix too it kepp them comming.

Som good pictures there mate :smiley: