Some people will steal anything even if it IS bolted down!

This week started great. I was only working Monday and Tuesday and got the rest of the week off on holiday.
I had a delivery to Swansea for between 8:00 and 13:00. Left the yard at 3:00 Monday morning, went to Felixstowe and picked up my trailer.
Had a decent run down the A12 and round the 25 onto the M4 and got to Membury services in 4 hours 15 mins driving. Was very tiered so had a good hour on the bunk (as you do).
I got to my delivery at 11:30, booked in and was told I wouldn’t get tipped till 13:00. Oh well time for another snooze. I asked to use the toilet and was told where it was and that there was a shower in there too if I wanted to use it, which I did.
After getting tipped I phoned in and was told to start heading towards Hereford but don’t get all the way there because there might be a collection on the way.
I stopped at Swansea services and had a healthy Burger King for my tea.
I had decided to get half way over the heads of the valley.I parked up on Crown industrial estate near Rassau. I had parked there in the past.
It was a beautiful evening so I went for a wander to take in the scenery.
I had a message to say go to Bulmers at Hereford to load 9 pallets at 10:00 then Droitwich, then ring because possibly another collection after.
I went to bed at approximately 21:30 after watching a Harry Potter dvd and was dead to the world.
I got up at 7:30, took a wander around my truck, got back in after getting soaked and headed for Hereford.
When I got there I stopped at security, jumped out and walked over to book in. I had my side lights on as it had been raining. While standing at security I looked at my truck and noticed my perimeter lights were not illuminated. Strange must be problem with the wires.
I got back into my truck and drove round to the goods out office, stopped in the layby and walked to the office.
When I came back I looked at the front of my truck and saw something sticking out of the grille. Then thought my truck doesn’t look right. I couldn’t put my finger on what was wrong until I got right close and realised there was something missing.
Some thieving scum bag had nicked my euro bar and the spot lights. The thing sticking out of the grille was the remains of the wiring loom which had been cut. No wonder my other lights were not working. They were wired off the bar.
I was so angry. I phoned directory enquiries and got the phone number for the police where I had parked. They didn’t want to know. They wouldn’t give me a crime number either.
I then had to make the dreaded call to my boss. He thought I was pulling his leg to begin with but unfortunately I wasn’t.

I still can’t believe that someone has the front to steal something like that. The old saying ‘they will have anything if it isn’t bolted down’ is now a myth. They WILL have anything.

Yeah and guess what Miss VALHALLA - you can bet your bottom dollar it was another truck driver that stole them!

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Anyway - sorry this happened to you.

not good,keep a eye out on flea bay 2 see if it pops up on there :exclamation: a bloke told me they`d had a few nicked so the started welding the nuts on :smiley: dont know if this could be done on all fitments but seems a good idea :smiley:

I got up at 7:30, took a wander around my truck,

Not taking away the fact that some scroat nicked your lights BUT

Didnt look to close then did you :open_mouth: was the nuts on your wheels still there.
How can you not notce your lights werent there thats like saying oh didnt notice i didnt have a door on the passanger side
Dont you pay attention on your checks

How do you know it was there that they were nicked■■? if you didnt notice till later they may have gone before :confused:

you parked on the rassau ind est next to one of the most notorious housing estates in the valleys,i’m not surprised TBH

If your around that way next time drop me a pm and i can tell you somewhere safer to park than that dump

nick2008:

Didnt look to close then did you :open_mouth: was the nuts on your wheels still there.
How can you not notce your lights werent there thats like saying oh didnt notice i didnt have a door on the passanger side

How do you know it was there that they were nicked■■? if you didnt notice till later they may have gone before :confused:

I do pay attention normally. As it was raining it was a case of close trailer door and check diesel tank and get back in asap.
So I take it you are Mr perfect and get you wheel brace out every morning do ya?

VALHALLA:

nick2008:

I do pay attention normally. As it was raining it was a case of close trailer door and check diesel tank and get back in asap.
So I take it you are Mr perfect and get you wheel brace out every morning do ya?

Of course Nick is Mr perfect :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But to be fair I bet HE checks his lights in the morning. Even the least reputable of us do that (so as not to draw attention to ourselves) :grimacing:

i was parked up at doncaster services on the 10th july… paid to park ( was robbed there lol ) then went to bed… got up in morning did my walk round … as i was doing this i was aproched by a bloke asking how far it was to grimsby … didnt think anything of it… finished walk round got in cab… and set off… just about to get out of services and realised something was missing… some ■■■■■■■ had gone in my cab and nicked my wallet and work phone… went back in… called police from personal phone i had in my pocket luckly…they arived 25 mins later and could not give a dam… now its costing me £20 per licence to get it back plus lost about £40 and 25 euros…

just beware people cannot trust anyone these days…

It doesn’t surprise me, south Wales is ■■■■■ Central. It’s the only place I have ever had diesel stolen overnight.

Theft is just a normal way of life to the inbred dole-bludging scum who populate the place, but what can you do if you have to go there?

sorry to hear about your light bar. Nothing is safe these days and zorg bad news about em in ur cab i have this obsession with always lockin the cab even on a walk around never know who is lurkin around and the coppers would have been upset about havin to leave their warm office.

There’s a place about 10 mile south of Rassau Ind Est that’s even worse.

Pontllanfraith. Say no more :grimacing:

Yeti:
There’s a place about 10 mile south of Rassau Ind Est that’s even worse.

Pontllanfriath. Say no more :grimacing:

Ooooooh now you are talking rough. Remember the pub in American Werewolf in London ■■?

Six toed the lot of em down their :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

anyone else hear banjos :grimacing:

Harry Monk:
It doesn’t surprise me, south Wales is ■■■■■ Central. It’s the only place I have ever had diesel stolen overnight.

Theft is just a normal way of life to the inbred dole-bludging scum who populate the place, but what can you do if you have to go there?

don’t tar everyone with the same brush ■■■■■■■ thats bang out of order!! Thats coming out of a guy who lives in london!! pot calling kettle black springs to mind

Seen as your one of the older generation that statement beggars belief

■■■■■■ ■■■■■■

Thetaff:

Harry Monk:

don’t tar everyone with the same brush [zb]!!! thats bang out of order!! Thats coming out of a guy who lives in london!! pot calling kettle black springs to mind

Seen as your one of the older generation that statement beggars belief

[zb] ■■■■■■

may one assume a nerve has been tweaked ■■?

one or two yeah

:imp:

Thetaff:
one or two yeah

you could always claim racial discrimination ■■? EU laws do cover that kind of thing you know :unamused: just like a company having to show an experienced driver how to get in or out of a cab :unamused:

Vascoingles:

Thetaff:
one or two yeah

you could always claim racial discrimination ■■? EU laws do cover that kind of thing you know :unamused: just like a company having to show an experienced driver how to get in or out of a cab :unamused:

Well you know SOME people can make a dodgy claim out of anything, especially if your “mate” backs you up eh :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

stolen fuel or cuts on curtain are common things at J4 M18 close to IKEA or J3 m18 close to power logistic dhl

I will freely admit that I try to avoid parking anywhere in east London (or central Liverpool) for the same reason that I avoid parking in south Wales- because it is full of thieves.

TruckNet is about drivers helping drivers, by passing on information gained from experience. If you don’t want an experienced driver warning other drivers about parking in your neighbourhood, then tell your neighbours to keep their theiving hands off of our trucks and loads.