Diary from this week

well its been an up and down week, it started monday evening when i took on a midnight tip at lutterworth for my mate. off i went to the yard, collect the truck and off we went. all was going smoothly, got to magna park, had a 45 minute break before heading into asdas, once in, i had to wait about 45 minutes before they started me (i was early when i got there), the forklift driver was nice and chatty, and i was soon tipped, curtains done up and on my way for daventry for a collection. this is where it started to go wrong…

once there, there were alredy 2 trailers for the load reference i was quoting, i got the guy who sorts the work out out of bed, and he dealt with the traffic clerk, problem 2 was it was booked for 8.30am!! i had started just after 6pm so i would run out of time if this was the case. i was told that if that happened someone would be send to rescue me! well eventually i got the load on and headed for corby. i got to sainsbuys about 6am, and they let me in and i was tipped and on my way home in about an hour. i got back to the yard bang on 15hours, what a palava! off home for a beer and bed!

waiting outside magna park…

waiting to tip in asdas

this scania was tipping while i was waiting for paperwork, covered in bling, and looking good for an old girl! (sorry bout pics, they are off my phone)

after having tuesday and wednesday off, i flew to hamburg for a double drive to zurich, i completly forgot to take any pictures on this, sorry! it was uneventful, didnt stop raining, and flew home friday night.

saturday afternoon found me back at my mates yard for a 6pm lichfield, cheers to all for the info after my post saturday, found nice and easy. unfortunalty it took 2 hourws to tip me, and one poor stobart driver who was in there when i got there after about an hour and a half was asked to drop his trailer, why not ask him in the first place!!! anyway, i got a chance to read my new magazines and have a coffee. i left at 8pm, which meant i already would be late for sundays job…

sunday

you know them days when you wish you had stayed in bed? well today was one. after getting back saturday night at half 11, i started again after my 9 hours off, well at quarter to 9, and headed for tescos purfleet. i was in his merc, which wasnt a good start as i struggle with the gearbox in it,maybe im doing something wrong, but it tries to shoot me a lot (or thats what it sounds like) and cant make its mind up what gear it wants! anyway, i got as far as colchester, and the windscreen wiper snapped off! i couldnt believe it!! i stopped and it was only held on by the washer pipe, never known that before! and yes, you guessed it, it was on my side (of course!) i took it off and carried on hrough the rain, i could see ok still, although 2 wipers would of been better! i got to tescos an hour and 40 minutes later than the booking time, didnt seem too much of a problem, was given a bay, i back up, and opened 1 door, and then big problem 2 of the day became clear…

now i had never checked in the back before i left as it was sealed, and it was loaded at daventry, and monday night the guy in there told me they NEVER double stack, it all leaves on the floor, well i guess he was’nt working when this was loaded!! i walked in to the good in office, explained what was going on and they duly rejected it (i couldnt open the other door as you can see without getting bottled!) hey ho, and i trundled back towards suffolk. i got as far as witham and the a12 ground to a halt, for crying out loud! i was stunned, but not suprised to see cars deciding they are above the law and driving the wrong way up the slip road to get away from it, god knows what they did when they got to the top! the driving standard has plummeted through the floor recently, especially in essex, there is some terrible driving there every day, i pity anyone who has to drive round there every day! anyway, we got going, i stopped at the excellent orwell crossing cafe for my lunch, and headed back to the yard. last job of the day was take satruday nights trailer back to felixstowe, i didnt do it saturday to minimise the lateness sunday, that was in vein eh!

roll on tomorrow, and sunny spain!!

anyway, a few pics from the week…

out the yard satruday, and its rural suffolk time…

the volvo for saturday

the merc…

i missed this on my walk round this morning…

oh yeah, tuesday morning traffic at spittals, a14…

i love nights!

now then this sign at the entrance to tescos says they operate an alcohol and drug policy, surely sober and straight employees will work much better… :laughing:

couldnt believe this!!

which left me enjoying the view…

i hope you have enjoyed reading this tale of woe!!!

good diary and great pics.next time though divint tek a motor oot with nee wipablade. :unamused:
i wouldnt dream of it.

Cracking diary Mat

Nice read :wink:

CRACKING DIARY,GOOD READ. :laughing: NO WHAT YOU SAYING ABOUT ESSEX. ME A ESSEX BOY BORN N BRED,AND SOME OF THE DRIVEING ROUND HERE IS BAD!!!. IM ABOUT A 25MILE TRIP TO ME YARD EACH DAY, AND THE RECORD A FEW WEEKS AGO TO GET THERE WAS 2 AND A HALF HOURS, BECAUSE A12 WAS SHUT ONCE AGAIN, :confused:

Cracking read mate :smiley:

Nice one Mat! Enjoyed it mate.

a intresting read and great photos as well