Last week? anyone?

Monday:

Dragged ■■■ out of bed and into work for 8am severely hung over after going to the local Sunday evening for a quick one to pay our repsects well … the rest is history shall we say. 8am leave yard and head off for Cork city and unload at Batchelors. Run the empty over to ADM in Carrigoline (about 30 mins away) drop the empty and run a full trailer back to yard ( an hour). Got into yard and was greeted with two boxes…told to take unit up to garage…on arrival at Garage Martin proceeded to fit my ariel and flat screen television that boss had bought for the three drivers that dont have new specced trucks…result. The guilt set in as I had been ■■■■■■■■ in humour with him about lack of luxuries in cab, quick run back to office coffee, chat and some grovelling and thanks. Informed have ADM run to Widness so set off when ya want your booked on the 2200 Dublin to Liverpool. Set off and some lovely woman in a blue VW Polo decided to become a nearside locker on the trailer. Went back to yard to find the front axle had sheared its retaining bolt so they cancelled the run and I ended up running with a tipper body two loads of stone to the sugar beet factory.

Tuesday:

Continued with the sugar beet mission, did three loads all nice and easy then gets a call. Run back to yard drop tipper then down to Smirfits for a load of packaging for Trim in County meath. Loaded up and headed North bound. Got as far as Newbridge and pulled into layby and made way to local, just to support local business of course.

Wednesday:

Set off at 6am and was in tipped and out of Trim by 9am after spending 30 mins trying to explain to the Polish/Hungarian/Lithuanian workers that this packaging was for them.

Over to British Gypsum Kingscourt for a load of plaster board. Arrived 1100 and left at 1500 YAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNNn ran straight back to yard.

Thursday:

Start 8am down to Silver bullet tipped by 1000 then informed UK run is up for grabs…dont try and bend the trailer this time followed by a chuckle, what a dry ■■■■■■■ sense of humour my boss has!

Stopped and had a hearty brekkie and pulled into Showerlux. Was told load would not be ready till 1400 so shut curtains and played with new TV…bliss. Sent a few text messages got one from a certain member of the Scottish fraternity informing me he was about to partake in the local brew…GIT.

Left there at 1500 and made haste for Dublin. Arrived at P&O terminal 1930…got onto boat…shower, food, beer, bed.

Friday:

Got off of boat and headed for Maaanchesteer, Dukinfield to be exact. Tipped by 0900. Just so happened was picking up half a load there too result. Off to Reditch…then my guardian angel called…hi Trev…not the other one Mags the beer monster…and we were chatting and it so happened he knew exactly where I was going and guided me in many thanks sir my saviour.

Was loaded by 1300 even stringing it out…did not want the afternoon boat.

Called office and was told to park in the service on 42 and they would tell me whether I was going to Swansea for the boat or Liverpool. On arrival at services was immediately canvased by a chap and a girl for a lift as they were doing a charity run from Exeter to Hollyhead then Dublin. After a bit of banter and me telling them I did not know which way I was going a nice chap in a rigid said he could take them as far as the first services on the M5. Anyhow…Liverpool for me Swansea was full, so set off…guilt got the better of me and pulled into services and offered them a lift as far as Warrington…which they accepted…this of course in the hope that the young welsh lash might get her golden locks wrapped…enough of my fantasies…have you any idea how hard it is to concentrate on the road and maintain a sensible conversation when there is a blonde laying on your bunk! Then the sinking feeling as I thought I hope she aint wearing perfume as you know she who must be obeyed in doors will pick up onit!

Coming up on Keele services and the voice from the back gave the normal woman vocal response of…“I need the toilet now” so we pulled in. As it happens an O’Neills chap I know was there who I knew would be going to Hollyhead…so they jumped in extremely gratefull but not that gratefull unfortunately and we all set off happy.

Arrived at Liverpool at 1745…and bed, boarded at 2030 and headed for the normal shower, food and beer coupled with some ■■■■■ film Troy.

Sat:

Got off of boat at 0600 feeling like crap…might have been the Murphys. Got as far as Cashel and had to stop for food. About 45 mins from the yard I could hear this annoying vibrating noise which seemed to just get worse, although it was probably something to do the fact I was listening intently to it. Pulled over searched high and low and couldt find a thing. Got into yard and brought it to the attention of my boss. He also did not know, called Martin the fitter over…it flumaxed him too. After the FHs cab had virtually every internal panel removed and thoughts of air dryers or dsolenoids gone had been extinguished Martin found my electric shaver jammed between the bunk and the map box giving it large…“the ■■■■■■■ plastic paddy strikes again” he muttered laughing as I tried to hide my extreme embaressment.

Well brightned their morning up

Interesting reading Liam :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: PMSL, very good Liam :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Great read Liam :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :slight_smile: