Some experience looking to return

Hi all looking for some advice.
I gained my class 2 28 months ago luckily I walked strait in to a job with a food delivery company doing multi drop I gained a lot off good experience in manouvering the truck down tight roads school car parks town centres that kind of stuff but after 6 months of doing the job I found it very stresfull the driving part I loved but found myself having to work faster and faster as my work load grew and started to find it very hard to meet delivery windows with this and the 4 am starts effecting seeing my son I decided to go back to my offshore career now I’ve decided to give up offshore and give driving another go.

My question is are all multi drop jobs so stressfull and will my 6 month experience count for anything?

Multidrop can be although if it was P&H or Brakes then they are probably the worst out there by some margin. Pallet networks tend to be a little less depending who you work for although usually 10 - 15 drops a day is standard.

Best I found was coop as its cages which are sometimes easier than pallets. Creed if you’re near one of their depots are also pretty decent.

6 months, it’ll help you get foot in the door, although a year helps as it opens a lot more doors for insurance. Only thing is a lot request say 6 months or 1 years driving in the past 120 days so 6 months off would effectively reset the clock and treat you as a new driver.

Each company will be different both from insurance and working conditions. It’ll always be stressful to a degree but a lot of that is due to traffic, plus stupid timed deliveries.

Not all class 2 is massive multidrop but it is a good way to get into driving then move to a new job.

How often did you get the chance of a night at home while working offshore ■■

Thanks trevhcs spot on with what company it was was doing about 21 drops a day maybe 18 on a good day. I’m from tayside there are a few more company’s in my area my plan is to get some more class 2 work in and aim towards my class 1 I don’t mind the manual handling and offloading but withing reasonable time limits and achievable work load.