Snow Diary

Found a few pics from my removal days, they are a bit grainy as it was a few years ago and didnt have a digital camera then only steam.

This was from one of my best/scariest/exciting trips.

Had a delivery to just past Oz ski station, Alpe D’Heuz in French Alps.
I think it was about March and they were having their heaviest snowfall for many a year. Got turned back by police for no snow chains but returned when it had stopped snowing and they had gone, So heres a few pics taken by myself and my porter.

Heavy snow on the N91 from Grenoble

Turned off N91 into village of Oz-en-Oisans

Struggling up last part of climb

nearly there

Parked up at customer’s chalet. Unloading was a bit difficult ,out of breath because of alltitude, full house of furniture.

View from top, Walked down to lovely sking village for tea and a few beers.

Time to head down in morning, -12 overnight, had to wait for snowplough and gritter, had to BACK down to first hairpin to back into ski station, if that ski station hadnt of been there would still be there now,

One of the many hairpin bends. Had my hand on doorhandle ready to bail out at the first sign of a slide. Some of the bends had armco but some didnt.

One of the many trips that made the hard work worth while.

great pics reminds me of the artic i had on home delivery for andrew porters

You should have recieved a medal for that one.
PS . There is snow today on the Swiss mountain tops .Down to 1200 metres.

great pictures i know doing removals now is hard in the hot weather. were u fully loaded with about 2thousand cube then, fair play to you up at the height and the cold ice etc…

acceptme:
great pictures i know doing removals now is hard in the hot weather. were u fully loaded with about 2thousand cube then, fair play to you up at the height and the cold ice etc…

We had three jobs on I think, about 30mtrs each , next one was Austrian alps and the last one was in the center of Rome which is another story (send the smallest vehicle you have the customer said !! ) I have a photo of us driving past the Vatican, my porters short cut.

That’s not snow,it’s just a bad case of dandruff.

Now when I were a lad… :laughing:

Ken.

Quinny. But I bet you didn`t have to handball the load…?

Awsome photos and story and trip!! Even funnier for me seeing a 489 telephone number out there!!

nice diary and pictures, thanks a lot

Nice pics & enjoyed the read!

Great pics, got any more?

Good pics and enjoyed the read :smiley:

Fantastic photo’s & good read… … …

G

mojo you goin to post the pics of the way to rome would be great to c them… we dont get sent away to often but would love to have done what u did… uv any contacts with fleet for drivers

Great pictures and story, any more pictures of the fleet removals vans?

mojo How about some snaps of you and your mates getting that pianno up the stairs ?That should bring a few of `em on here down to earth… :laughing: :laughing:

mojo How about some snaps of you and your mates getting that pianno up the stairs ?That should bring a few of `em on here down to earth…

‘Dad.Do you know the pianos on my foot?’
‘You hum it son,and I’ll play it.’

Ken.

Brilliant photos, cheers for posting them.

Re Requests for more photos…just got back from Greece (43dg
to 17dg in Wirral) Rain storm wiped out Terminal 1 M/Chester…nice to be back, no change here then. :unamused: .

Have got some odds and sods somewhere so will post when I have dug them out.

Yamos.

FANTASTIC STORY! GREAT PICS.

Reminds of a move I had to do once to the mountains somewhere in Italy, I was ■■■■■■■■ myself all the way up!
IN A SPRINTER VAN!
Got near the top, customer called to say his flight was delayed, so we had to park up and wait. I decided to get a disposable BBQ out and started cooking steaks, the local police didnt look too impressed when they stopped to see what was going on! LOL.
Hard work unloading at that altitude but was worth it for the view, got pics somewhere, not for the faint hearted!