My diary with a difference!

well i started this week by throwing myself off the top of the alps strapped to a piece of wood!!! i have been for a week snowboarding in tignes, france, and i thought i would share a couple of pictures with you!!! (dont worry some truck ones will follow!!)

what a good looking fellow!!

this is the cablecar that takes you to the top of the grand motte, which is the highest point you can ski from in the alps

view down on the alps

part of the way down there is a cavern they have carved into the glacier with ice sculptures, which are fantastic!!

tignes is very close to val d’isaire, and on the road up is a large dam and lake, these are some shots i got of it…

and there is a statue of a lady looking over the lake, maybe someone knows more about it, i dont!!

taking a breather on the slope…

the resort of val claret

and i think this picture makes the mountain look like a volcano…

right, i did do my anorak thing there too, i saw these…

unusual 1 plus 3 combo…

so i flew back wednesday, and phoned my mate who i do a spot of work for now and again to sort some work out for friday night, he asked if i knew anyone who was about that night, and before i knew it i agreed to work!! (amazing how much you want to work when your skint!!), so off to his yard at 6!! the plan was to meet him at the field, load up and head to near brighton, tip and come home. i only got pictures in daylight, which show where these trucks travel to get loaded!!

the entrance into the field…

my mate leading the way, not much room for manouver!

just where you want obstructions!

once we got there, we loaded them straight away, and found out that we could exit the field via another exit, result because of the fertilizer tanks on the way in, and being loaded meant a good chance of getting stuck!!

where are the roads (and mountains) gone!!!

im off soon for another job for him, but thats supermrkets, nothing too exciting

hope you enjoyed my self indulgant holiday snaps, and also some proof that i do some hard work now and again!!!

nice photos thanks a lot,

beautiful scenery mate,

the ones in the alps werent bad either…

Giblsa:
beautiful scenery mate,

the ones in the alps werent bad either…

aye, stunning suffolk!! :laughing:

did you do the snow boarding while you were lost good pic,s ect ect

Stunning photo’s in the Alps Mat. I liked the look of The XF and FH in field too! :wink:

Nice one!

Good pics m8, but where are all the women? :laughing: :laughing:

Great pics mate. Must get a pass port. I’m missing out

Quality pics mate…what were you loading in the fields :question:

Al

Cracking pics mate,that lake in the Alps looks so calm and peaceful :laughing:

He was loading grass…not drugs :laughing: Turf!!

Euromat is Simons father Alan still around? I sold him my Scania 142 back in 1995.

keep them coming mat :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

some people have it too easy… :imp:

and some people are very jealous… :blush:

xjrv8:
He was loading grass…not drugs :laughing: Turf!!

Euromat is Simons father Alan still around? I sold him my Scania 142 back in 1995.

im not too sure mate, in the chatting we were doing i thought he said he had passed on but then i got the impression he was still with us, i hope he is still with us, what a character!!

Clarky:
Good pics m8, but where are all the women? :laughing: :laughing:

there were a few up the slopes but difficult to photograph them when they are roaring past on a board, and for some reason, there were’nt any in the fields, lynx effect my arse!!! :laughing: :laughing:

ive sussed the lynx effect you have to spray it in there eyes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

its the Lady of the Lake Chevril .She stands in memory of the village & cemetery of Tignes when it was flooded to create the reservoir .
I need to get out more … :blush:

Nice pics mate, looks like you got that haircut after all!!

dreva:
ive sussed the lynx effect you have to spray it in there eyes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ah thats where im going wrong!!!

harry:
its the Lady of the Lake Chevril .She stands in memory of the village & cemetery of Tignes when it was flooded to create the reservoir .
I need to get out more … :blush:

ah cheers for that harry!!