Info-Please on Snow/Road conditions Swiss/Austria/Germany

Hi,
We have some trucks leaving Italy and due to snow conditions we are not sure which way to come back ?
Normal route Swiss, but have been told closed, but cannot find any info, So might try Austrai/Germany or go Frejus.

Many thanks

JJSL

No reports of holdups on the A12/A13 through Austria via Innsbruck.
Also in Bayern no holdups reported on the A8, just the normal slow moving Saturday ski traffic.
Further north it all kicks off around Karlsruhe/Frankfurt.

Hi Inselaffe,

Many thanks for the Info

Regards

JJsl

Looks as though the traffic situation is currently going downhill pretty fast.
Heavy snowfall with strong winds everywhere in Germany according to the news.
The French have closed the border into France for trucks at the Neuenburg border crossing on the A5 causing massive queues.

Hi Inselaffe,

My trucks are all in Swiss on there way back to Uk, weather conditions are Ok, so I’m glad they come back this way
and not Germany.
However, I’m just wondering what it’s like once they get into France.

Regards

JJSL

Hi JJSL, just a quick question out of interst…are your guys still running to Greece overland via Eastern Europe, Romania, Bulgaria etc??

Cheers, bullitt.

Hi Bullitt,

No we stopped running overland about 5/6 months ago due to the increase in costs and the wear & tear on the vehicles.

There are saving, but the extra mileage, wear & tear and the ferry costs Bechet/Calafat and delays etc, so we are now back to using

Ancona to Patra, but that’s getting harder to do because of the rate cutting from the Romanians and Bulgarians. RH Freight

had a job last week and when I spoke to them they were looking for eastern europeans, because the rate was £2750 from

Leicester to Athens. I spoke to them a few hours later about another matter and they had covered the load. I don’t know

how they do it ?

Regards

JJSL