Small Hauliers in London or S.E. looking for drivers?

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows of any small hauliers around London or S.E area who may have need of a casual, ad-hoc or fill in driver… or possibly longer term.

I’ve been googling and searching these forums for possibilities and thought it might be worth asking on here.

I’ve been operating as a Vat registered Ltd. Co. for around 4 years. I have a contract which keeps me busy over summer. Its 18t Hiab multidrop around London and I’m usually pretty relieved by the time it runs down in Oct/Nov as it’s a “blue arsed fly/every customer requires first drop” sort of job and they don’t want me to take ANY time off while I’m there.

I spend winter on artics through an agency. They usually have plenty of work and I’m fortunate that more often than not I get slotted back into my preferred spot fairly quickly.

Reason for the post is that I much prefer the artic work and would like to stick on them all year… but not necessarily through an agency. This is the time of year I am free to try somewhere else without annoying my main customer. I always enjoy working in smaller outfits, am very flexible and positive about the work. I love the job, and the longer the run the more I enjoy it. :smiley: (sorry, couldn’t resist throwing in a sales pitch too)

Any help/pointers/contacts/recommendations gratefully received.

Lewis