Hi All New member here

Just thought I would pop in and say hi to the forum. I own a small haulage company down in sunny Kent (Well it used to be sunny). We cover everything from Express temperature controlled deliveries right through to fully loaded 40 ton Euroliners (Curtain sided in old speak). Right now we have a couple of drivers in small 3.5 ton sprinters “On Tour” with the Simple Minds gig heading for Denmark as we speak then on to Sweden …Wonder if they will get any Groupies :question:
In the Uk we have a couple of drivers doing some local-ish temperature controlled deliveries. And spare a thought for our constant on route to Spain driver…he is a gluten for punishment ha ha. We do Spain trips about 3 times per week and it’s always split 75% to “Driver A” and 25% to whoever else will do it…Sometimes that may even be me…By the way Driver A prefers to not be at home so it’s not me being a slave driver honest guv. :sunglasses:
Anyway sorry for rambling on. Just thought a short introduction into who we are and what we do was in order.

Welcome to Trucknet! Usual haulage industry stuff some good, some bad and we’re all broke!! Don’t worry about rambling, wait till Carryfast and Orys hi-jack your post :grimacing:

EuRefrigeratedTrans:
Just thought I would pop in and say hi to the forum.

Hi EuRefrigeratedTrans,

EuRefrigeratedTrans:
Just thought a short introduction into who we are and what we do was in order.

Now you’ve found us, please look in and take part in this and the other forums, cos there’s a wealth of experienced folks and lots of banter here.

If you don’t take part, cynical folks might think you’ve simply posted a disguised advert. :wink: :laughing: :grimacing:

Lol Dieseldave…Im no good at adverts. This is me just getting my old backside onto the web really. I will post much more in the not too distant future. We are a bit snowed under at the moment but I promise to post some stories and tails. most probably in the Euro forum really as thats where most of my own personal adventures are/were. Im a bit of a technophob though so even though I have a website/twitter/facebook …it doesn’t follow that I know how to use the bloody stuff. My kids set up the twitter/facebook. A friend of a friend set up the website…so you will have to bear with me as I go along and probably make many mistakes while I stumble along this internet highway.
But dont worry I will stick around and Im not here to advertise…Get my kids to sort that out haha. :smiley: :grimacing:

EuRefrigeratedTrans:
Just thought I would pop in and say hi to the forum. I own a small haulage company down in sunny Kent (Well it used to be sunny). We cover everything from Express temperature controlled deliveries right through to fully loaded 40 ton Euroliners (Curtain sided in old speak). Right now we have a couple of drivers in small 3.5 ton sprinters “On Tour” with the Simple Minds gig heading for Denmark as we speak then on to Sweden …Wonder if they will get any Groupies :question:
In the Uk we have a couple of drivers doing some local-ish temperature controlled deliveries. And spare a thought for our constant on route to Spain driver…he is a gluten for punishment ha ha. We do Spain trips about 3 times per week and it’s always split 75% to “Driver A” and 25% to whoever else will do it…Sometimes that may even be me…By the way Driver A prefers to not be at home so it’s not me being a slave driver honest guv. :sunglasses:
Anyway sorry for rambling on. Just thought a short introduction into who we are and what we do was in order.

The bloke who is constant on route to Spain driver… must be making you some dough :stuck_out_tongue:

The bloke who is constant on route to Spain driver… must be making you some dough

Not bad - nothing to get over excited about. I used to do that run mostly myself but TBH Im too long in the tooth for all that now and it’s a young guy’s game. He seems to like it and even when I am giving him the odd weekends off ect he rarely goes home (He is married BTW) More often he parks up somewhere (secure ? ) and heads off into town to do what er…young blokes do. TBH I have tried to get the silly sod to go home more as on the other hand he gives me sob stories that his misses is giving him grief for not being home ect ect. I have known him to go 6 weeks or more without going home…none of my business really but I have tried to pass on some fatherly advice to him. (Im a kind sole really and try to help him out).
Long winded reply but the bloke does bring me in a regular “wage” but its not something that I haven’t done myself in the past. Just a bunch of clients built up over the years.
I am more in the office - or in one of my sprinter vans these days. I regret not doing the Simple Minds gig myself to be fair but then if I leave for a week or more then things back here have a strange way of going to pot very quickly. Sorry im rambling again.

And of course it is compulsory to do a diary with pics if you post.

Ken.