Looking for European comapnies

Hi Firstly may i say thanks for allowing me to post on this site… and hi to everybody.

I am a Traffic Officer with the Highways Agency… however due to circumstance (PAY). I want to get back into truck driving. but I want to go european and not UK work. I just have no clue to where… European Hauliers are there some in the southeast and london still? … obviosuly i respect due to the influx of cheaper labour costs, fuel from european driver/companys. Its not the same as yester year. but i would be obliged if you guys know of any company as close to london as possible who are in need of european drivers.

first let me say hi and welcome to the forum.
why do you want to do europe ? and just a pointer if you are going to do euro work then cast your net wider , if you are going to be getting home once a fortnight or even less which will be expected from most firms then travelling isnt an issue , be prepared for a shock on the wages front as it will be lower than you can earn in the uk but thelife is loads better , i cant help you with firms around your area but good luck on your search .

There’s still a few doing it, look around the Dover area. Mike Beer, Brit-European, European Freight are a few that come to mind.

Heritage International in Dover as well. Dont know what there like though

scaniav8power:

I don’t know what the company is like either, but they run good looking kit.

Simon:

scaniav8power:

I don’t know what the company is like either, but they run good looking kit.

isnt it mostly subbies in their colours?

Priority Freight are advertising for all classes of drivers for continental work at the mo

Harry Monk:
Priority Freight are advertising for all classes of drivers for continental work at the mo

Link?

No link, it’s in my local freesheet but here’s the gist of it…

Immediate start, JIT European deliveries, C1 7.5 tonne, C and C+E wanted, must have digicard.

“Customer focused and understand the need to remain legally compliant in a demanding environment” Blah blah blah.

Family run business, modern fleet, all over Europe, phone David 01304 828111

I have no experience at all of this firm and cannot vouch for them but am happy to pass on the info.

My boss might have a job coming up soon and while we don’t do much European work, the Euro-work we do do is awesome. I’ll let you know if I hear of anything.

I see they have a depot in Coventry near where I live…interesting.

I saw somewhere a week or 2 ago that Sealane from Dover are after drivers.

Harry Monk:
…the Euro-work we do do is awesome…

Come on Harry, spill the beans then!!! :wink:

Of eight trucks, I got back from Castellion today (which isn’t awesome although hardly anyone even does Spain any more), we currently have one in Norway on a rock 'n roll tour, one truck crossed the border from Russia into Finland at Vaalimaa yesterday morning and is currently on the Helsinki-Travemunde ferry and another is two days behind him- both on the way back from Kazan,

Dave is parked at Moscow tonight I believe, and we have one going to Kiev, Ukraine next month.

Nice one Harry, and I thought jj72 was the only one on here to go east of Moscow!!

Any chance of posting some pics of your travels sometime?

Cheers, bullitt.

I personally won’t go that far any more but the two drivers who went to Kazan will have taken photos and I’ll try to post some here if they are amenable although the first one back won’t be around until later in the week as he is tipping his backload in S’hertogenbosch on tuesday…

Here’s a couple of photos I took this week.

Millau Viaduct (taken on the way back)

South of Clermont Ferrand.

Loading in Castellion

What happens carrying 24 tonnes of ceramics if your brakes have just been re-lined by a numpty.

On the way back you go quite a long way without doing very much.

On the way back, coming over the Massif Central.

And always a welcome sight no matter where you’ve been, Dover Eastern Dock

Cheers for the info and the pics Harry, look forward to seeing some of the ones from Russia if your mates dont mind!!

Bullitt.

nice pics harry, just curious, who do you work for?

i love the millau viaduct and the whole areadown there, just beautiful!

i should be heading to russia this summer, i will try and get some pics taken

Sent you a pm.

Good pics Harry, and I hope you can get hold of the ones from the Russian trip.

good pics harry , nice one
here are a couple of jeeps in our yard this week
[/img]