sleep again

hey guys was supposed to be doing my first night shift tonight as mentioned in a previous post of mine. so heres the story stayed up last night wile 3am went to sleep until 8 am got up did what i had to and went back to bed at 12 and didnt get any sleep at all what with the neighbours having there garden done, asda home delivery vans etc etc .so rang the agency and explained the situation telling them that i didnt feel safe to be running 44t around for 12 hours to which they replied thats fine chris we can cover you good stuff i thought .so i go out and pick my bird up return home to be greeted by my father asking why im not at work i might add that hes been a class 1 driver for 25 yrs .so i explain i havent had any sleep and i refuse to risk my safety and more importantly other peoples safety by driving whilst tired to which he replies your stupid throwing money away u would have been ok so heated argument ensues so this brings me to my question was i right to have done what ive done or would you just have gone and done the shift?

its your life mate your the one that’s driving not him, and if heaven for bid did happen some people would be on your back for working while tied

If you felt that you were to tired to be driving, then you done the right thing to be honest m8…
Forget what ya dad says as a driver himself he should realise how dangerous it is to be driving artics or any vehicle while tired.

exactley what i though guys its not worth risking i like my life as im sure do the people who are killed by drivers falling asleep behind the wheel .plus i coudnt live with myself if the worst were to happen

What you have got to remember is that your body clock takes time to adjust from days to nights, and it takes a long time to get into a routine, yes if you were that tired then you were right to stay home, but untill you get into a routine, it is going to be hard, I myself would go in and try and grab a kip here and there, dont give up on the job, and if you have problems with next door etc, get some ear muffs, thats what I did.

I used to spend the first few days like that especially on school holidays as there is a play park right outside my house.

I used to just do it as 4-5 hours sleep is fine for me.

Once at it a few days I got my 6-7 hours.

I got good curtains that keep the room dark and some ear plugs and made it my mission to make sure that the whole house where terrified to come near my bedroom. :smiling_imp:

I don`t like nights but did it if offered but some just cant do it, its best to be honest with the Agency so theres no ill feeling.

p.s. better get to bed early tonight or your dad will kick off again as mine was like that, the nutters never missed a days work in his life except in emergencies so I moved out soon as but he still acts the hero.

As previously said, it takes a long time to adjust to nights, even then, in my personal experience, I could sleep for 10hrs some days, feel fresh as a daisy, then after a couple of hours into the journey, start to feel tired. Unfortunately there is no magic cure, at the end of the day, if you feel that you were unfit to drive, that’s your call, no harm done. On the flip side, I am working days at the moment, getting by on 5hrs kip ( unable to sleep at night ), feel like ■■■■ in the morning, but once i’m out there, seem to come alive.

Cannot fault you - safety first every time.
If you are like me and cannot function very well on less than 8 hours sleep then recognise that fact and work with it - know your personal limitations.

hyper26:
thats fine chris we can cover you good stuff i thought

sounds like a result you want…punches the air yes no work today :smiley:

hyper26:
so i go out and pick my bird up return home to be greeted by my father asking why im not at work****

do you really want to work and move out so to be independant?

Not quite sure it was all about lack off sleep but a good reason not to go into work!

hyper26:
so i go out and pick my bird up return home to be greeted by my father

All that planning to get your bird in the house - just the two of you - and who greets you… - you did not plan that very well :wink: