Skip attachments

Has anybody got an idea on what the short chains are called that attach to the hook lift at the back of a skip wagon its the ones that support the skip in case it ever comes loose from the hooks… Can’t find a pic or anything on the internet

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Berty:
Has anybody got an idea on what the short chains are called that attach to the hook lift at the back of a skip wagon its the ones that support the skip in case it ever comes loose from the hooks… Can’t find a pic or anything on the internet

Many thanks

Tipping hook chains ? That’s how I describe them.

Intake/l39:

Berty:

Many thanks

Tipping hook chains ? That’s how I describe them.

Ye me too but I can’t find any info about them at all online

As far as i`m aware, there are no chains that fit to the hooks at the back…The skips have bars across the bottom of the skip…as the skip lifts and moves towards the back…the hooks grab the skip…and thats how it tips, once its empty, and is lowered back towards the flatbed of the truck, the hooks release…

Not factory fitted standard equipment.
Usually added on by operator as safety device , bent tipper bars on nakered old skips , you get the idea.
I’ve never used em but seen em used plenty.
Jim

As far as I know the hooks have a tensioner wire that makes the hooks spring up to catch the bars on the rear of the skip? Chains are used on smaller skip lorries like a 7.5 tonner to attach to the rear bars, I think the hooks replaced chains as they were deemed stronger/safer?
though you might mean, as JFC999 said, chains added by a driver or company as the hooks won’t catch onto skips that have been bashed about over time!

Thanks people for your input the hooks on my lorry aren’t very good as the skip jolts out now and then which can be dangerous to say the least. surprising really as its a 15 plate truck It only happens on certain loads but it only takes one to cause some serious damage to me and the truck so he said he’ll sort it out… I just thought it was something you could go out and buy but it turns out it’s not the case