Skips That I Have Known

Sent out to collect this last week, to be fair, I was warned in advance that it might be a little overloaded. Office said to chuck off whatever to make it level, I said I wouldn’t even stand next to it let alone climb on top :slight_smile:

Marek & Aleksy “no speaky de Engly” but knew enough to offer me £10 to take it away !

It’s a 20yd skip, the biggest that a standard chain skip truck will load, the nets we carry will ‘just’ cover it if the skip is loaded level.

After much arm waving & whooshing noises in an attempt to make them realise that ‘there’s no way Jose’ that this skip is going anywhere, Marek & Aleksy set about skimming a bit off the top.

I think they require “greedy boardski’s” :laughing: :laughing:

roadrunner:
I think they require “greedy boardski’s” :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

your boss wants shooting for allowing customers to have a single ended skip turned the wrong way round , i used to go off on one when that happened . i worked for a scrap metal firm driving 8 wheelers but sometimes i had to drive skip wagons and i hated them with a passion . i’d have lowered the gear and put the crossbar level with the top of the skip and skimmed it off . providing you have a cross bar that is . single ended skips are a nightmare at the best of times .

overloaded.jpg

I used to work in the building trade, a top tip is to line the outside of the skip with old doors or boards, you can get nearly twice as much in :laughing:

bowser:
your boss wants shooting for allowing customers to have a single ended skip turned the wrong way round , i used to go off on one when that happened . i worked for a scrap metal firm driving 8 wheelers but sometimes i had to drive skip wagons and i hated them with a passion . i’d have lowered the gear and put the crossbar level with the top of the skip and skimmed it off . providing you have a cross bar that is . single ended skips are a nightmare at the best of times .

The extendable arms most have now make the job much easier in confined spaces but the boom was handy for levelling off skips unless a few quid come across. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Chas:
After much arm waving & whooshing noises in an attempt to make them realise that ‘there’s no way Jose’ that this skip is going anywhere, Marek & Aleksy set about skimming a bit off the top.

Are they moving in or out?

did they give you the 10er after all that

Wheel Nut:

Chas:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chas:
Sent out to collect this last week, to be fair, I was warned in advance that it might be a little overloaded. Office said to chuck off whatever to make it level, I said I wouldn’t even stand next to it let alone climb on top :slight_smile:

Marek & Aleksy “no speaky de Engly” but knew enough to offer me £10 to take it away !

It’s a 20yd skip, the biggest that a standard chain skip truck will load, the nets we carry will ‘just’ cover it if the skip is loaded level.

Is that in Nottingham? Looks familiar

Seeing that makes me glad the biggest skips we’ve got are 14yd, most of which are enclosed. I hate getting up on top of the big skips to get the net over them. We have at one guy on account that constantly overloads his skips, and my boss got sick of me battling with him over it, so I don’t get sent to his jobs any more.

Wheel Nut:

Chas:

It doesnt look a very nice area so I suspect they are moving in.