silly question

i passed my class c in december and have my mod 4 demonstration in 2 days,can i drive now if i needed to,and once i pass my mod 4 do i get a dqc automatically as my training providers are unsure,as im there first initial cpc candidate,

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome benny947mud :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

silly question

No such thing - can get silly answers though :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

benny947mud:
i passed my class c in december and have my mod 4 demonstration in 2 days,can i drive now if i needed to

You cannot drive LGVs commercially until the mod 4 test is passed
You canot drive LGVs over 7.5 tonnes privately (EG own horse box) if under 21 until mod 4 test is passed

benny947mud:
once i pass my mod 4 do i get a dqc automatically

YES - the DSA tell DVLA electronically - you need to do…NOTHING
You will get issued a mod 4 test pass certificate on the day you pass and that can be used until the DQC arrives

To help you - INITIAL DRIVER CPC MODULE 4

im there first initial cpc candidate

Which LGV driving school are you using :question:

:bulb: Passing CE will give you more options :bulb:
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS for CE ARTIC, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature at the bottom of this post :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful.

First year experience as a newbie after passing CE (with pics)

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Hi benny947mud,

thanks for the welcome and the help guys,i did plan on saying a proper hello first,but it was late in the day as always,as i currently work as a self employed courier owner driver/light recovery driver,

im really looking forward to driving bigger vehicles but its a lot to get your head around and seems more like a way of life than a job,i still struggle with the driving hours and tacho operation,and the dolly knot lol,i know the basics,but i suppose it summat you get used to once youve done a couple of days,

ive registered with loads of local agencies and they all seem keen to get me to work but as said above im still waiting to do my module 4,

benny947mud:
dolly knot

You will not be required to use the rope for the mod 4 test as you have the option of choosing the strap.

Which LGV school are you with ?

my training providers are unsure,as im there first initial cpc candidate,

Inspires confidence!! Every trainer has a first candidate but I would have thought they would have researched this by now. Came in Sept 2008 for buses and Sept 2009 for trucks. :laughing: :laughing:

Hi guys,
i passed my cat c in Jan 09 and have been driving ever since but i havnt done my mod 4, does that mean i shouldnt be driving now?

johnny boy:
Hi guys,
i passed my cat c in Jan 09 and have been driving ever since but i havnt done my mod 4, does that mean i shouldnt be driving now?

What year did you pass you car test ?

passed my car test back in 85 rog

johnny boy:
Hi guys,

no you have until september 2014 to do your cpc, since you passed your test before septmeber 2009 you have grandfather rights.

thanks guys, got all sweaty then, thought ive been running illegle all this time. Want to get it dont this year anyway before everybody puts there prices up.

johnny boy:

Anyone passing their car test before 1997 was given a C1 LGV (7.5 tonner) on their licence

Those with any LGV licence prior to 10/09/2009 has aquired/grandfather rights for THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC

Hope that helps you and anyone else reading this to understand the rules on this…

ROG:

johnny boy:

Anyone passing their car test before 1997 was given a C1 LGV (7.5 tonner) on their licence

Those with any LGV licence prior to 10/09/2009 has aquired/grandfather rights for THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC

Hope that helps you and anyone else reading this to understand the rules on this…

if you read when he passesd his class c you would have been able to work out if he had grandfather rights

gogzy:
if you read when he passesd his class c you would have been able to work out if he had grandfather rights

johnny boy:
cat c in Jan 09

For some reason I was thinking 2010 :blush:

ROG:

gogzy:

johnny boy:
cat c in Jan 09

For some reason I was thinking 2010 :blush:

www.specsavers.co.uk

gogzy:
specsavers.co.uk

No help - I SAW 09 but thought 2010 !!

im with heads of the valleys training in abergavenny,they have been great and got me through everything else fine,i done my first theory in feb 09,but then didnt do my test till december,so i crossed over the sept 09 threshold,mainly due to financs so far itscost me £2100 to get this far,and shouldnt cost anymore as long as i dont fail mod 4

benny947mud:
im with heads of the valleys training in abergavenny,they have been great and got me through everything else fine,i done my first theory in feb 09,but then didnt do my test till december,so i crossed over the sept 09 threshold,mainly due to financs so far itscost me £2100 to get this far,and shouldnt cost anymore as long as i dont fail mod 4

2100 for class c crikey, i only spent about 2.5k for my c and c+e

that my total budget so far for everything including provisional licence and medical which was £100 on it own,