Help with cpc

Hi everyone just need some help about the cpc. I am a bus driver tho wanting to get into the trucking business am currently doing my training done mod 1 and 2 tho booked into to do my mod 4 to be told by my trainer that I don’t need to as I already done my mod 4 cpc test on the buses so already have a cpc card but is this right as I thought I would have to do the mod 4 test again for the trucks?

You are probably correct. Check your DQC. If it says DE on it then you need Mod 4. If it says CE DE on it you don’t need to do anything. The system wouldn’t allow you to book the test if you didn’t need it.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Looks like I need to get on to them then as only have D1,D,D1E and DE no mention of CE thanks for your help

Class1jonny:
Looks like I need to get on to them then as only have D1,D,D1E and DE no mention of CE thanks for your help

You need mod 4 LGV

If you already have a DQC and have already done 35 hours periodic training then the LGV expiry date will be the same as for your PCV on the DQC

Did you do the 35 hours after doing the mod 4 PCV ? - if not then your new DQC after passing mod 4 LGV will have 2 different expiry dates - one for PCV and a later one for LGV - then after doing the 35 hours both will get aligned to the latter expiry date

ROG:

Class1jonny:

You need mod 4 LGV

If you already have a DQC and have already done 35 hours periodic training then the LGV expiry date will be the same as for your PCV on the DQC

Did you do the 35 hours after doing the mod 4 PCV ? - if not then your new DQC after passing mod 4 LGV will have 2 different expiry dates - one for PCV and a later one for LGV - then after doing the 35 hours both will get aligned to the latter expiry date

I did the 35 hours before I did the PCV mod 4, so am gonna have to get on to the training school and get them told. Thanks for the help guys

I did the 35 hours before I did the PCV mod 4,

From how I understand this scenario, this should have only happened if you hold a pre 97 car licence which would have given you C1 entitlement to “hang” the 35hrs on. But as your DCPC doesn’t show CE, this clearly isn’t the case. Did they not check your licence when attending the courses?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

From how I understand this scenario, this should have only happened if you hold a pre 97 car licence which would have given you C1 entitlement to “hang” the 35hrs on. But as your DCPC doesn’t show CE, this clearly isn’t the case. Did they not check your licence when attending the courses?

If he had a pre 1997 car licence he would also have D1E 101 which gives acquired rights for dcpc so would not have needed to do PCV mod 4

I think we need the op to answer a few questions …

Do you have a pre 1997 car licence :question:

What date did you pass PCV mod 4 :question:

When did you complete the 35 hours periodic dcpc :question:

What expiry date is on your DQC for PCV :question:

Does your DQC also state LGV :question:

Not arguing as it’s academic, but the restricted D1 doesn’t give grandfather rights for cpc. This is because of the restriction. Whereas the C1 was unrestricted and so was accepted as a vocational licence for the purposes of cpc.

But, as I said, hardly worth the effort discussing it.

ROG:

Peter Smythe:

If he had a pre 1997 car licence he would also have D1E 101 which gives acquired rights for dcpc so would not have needed to do PCV mod 4

I think we need the op to answer a few questions …

Do you have a pre 1997 car licence :question:

What date did you pass PCV mod 4 :question:

When did you complete the 35 hours periodic dcpc :question:

What expiry date is on your DQC for PCV :question:

Does your DQC also state LGV :question:

First answer no, passed in 2010
I have only been driving buses for a 1.5 years so passed my PCV mod 4 a couple of weeks before my driving test and did all classroom work round about the same time. It expiry July 2019 and from what I can see it doesn’t state lgv.

Class1jonny:
First answer no, passed in 2010
I have only been driving buses for a 1.5 years so passed my PCV mod 4 a couple of weeks before my driving test and did all classroom work round about the same time. It expiry July 2019 and from what I can see it doesn’t state lgv.

In that case the 35 hours periodic counts for nothing and was a waste of time and money as you only got the 5 years DQC from 2014 to 2019 and not the extra 5 years from the 35 hours from 2019 to 2024 which would have been the case if it had counted

Your scenario is this - your new DQC after passing mod 4 LGV will have 2 different expiry dates - one for PCV and a later one for LGV - then after doing the 35 hours both will get aligned to the latter expiry date

Peter Smythe:
the restricted D1 doesn’t give grandfather rights for cpc

It does Peter and this can be confirmed by calling the DVSA DCPC hotline on 0191 201 8112

If I remember correctly this was a change from the original rules which occurred in 2012 I think