Passed class 2 :D

As it says passed my class 2 couple weeks ago 3 minors well happy, need to do my cpc now, few questions (sorry if they’ve already been asked just confused with the answers) what does the initial cpc involve? Do I have to do the 35 hours training separate to that and do I have to do the full 35 hours before I can drive professionally ? Thanks in advanced.

Well done mate, I second that. I passed my CAT C yesterday. I am so chuffed & the relief is unbelievable.

Regarding the CPC. The initial is your module 2 (multiple choice questions - 50 questions spread across 7 case studies) probably at the same place you done your Module 1a & 1b (100 multiple questions & hazard perception). Once you have done your mod 2, you can then book in your Mod 4 which is the practical side of your CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) try this YouTue link youtu.be/wK–gVI-WHI & it will give you the general idea of what it will entail (possibly even help you prepare)

Initial driver cpc mods 2 + 4 here = viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121468

:smiley: :smiley:

The initial CPC is mod 2 and mod 4. This will give you your DQC (Driver Qualification Card), which you need in addition to your LGV driving licence, in order to drive professionally.

Your DQC will last 5 years, so you only need to do 35 hours of ongoing CPC before your DQC runs out. This will extend your DQC for another 5 years.

so am I right in thinking when I pass the module 2 and 4 I can start driving straight away and over he next 5 years I will have to complete 35 hours of training,

Wortho:
So am I right in thinking that when I pass modules 2 and 4 I can start driving straight away and over the next 5 years I will have to complete 35 hours of training

That’s right. I’m not sure if you have to wait until you receive your LGV driving licence and DQC before you can start driving. I would have thought so, because you are suppose to carry them with you at all times while driving. You also need a driver tacho card aka smart card. Costs £32 the first time you apply for one. Mine only took 7 days to arrive.

Thanks a lot, that’s cleared a lot of things up

Congratulations on your pass, Van driver lol