Module 4 & CPC info please

Hi all,

I know most of you are going to go :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: but i would just like someone to clarify this for me. :blush:

I passed car test in '87 so to drive commercially do i have to do mod 2 and 4 or not ( iโ€™m guessing not but would like this confirmed by someone ). if not can i go and drive for a company right now (cat c)? Passed test on 15/4/11

Or do i need to get my Drivers cpc card first?

Or what is my next step?

Doing c+e in June.

Sorry to sound like a total โ– โ– โ– โ– โ– โ–  :open_mouth: :neutral_face: :blush: but thought i would put this question on as iโ€™m sure the info i receive will help others as well.

'Standing by for a right barrage of abuse!!! :confused: โ€™

Many thanks in advance :blush: :blush: .

John.

driverjohn:
Standing by for a right barrage of abuse!!! :confused:

Hi John,

Thereโ€™s no need to fear abuse in here mate, cos itโ€™s the right question in the right forum. :wink:

As Iโ€™m an ex-LGV driver trainer and a bit out of the loop, Iโ€™ll wait for a current LGV driver trainer to answer your question.

We have a number of current LGV driver trainers on the forum so one of Sean, Peter, Burnie1, John, Rick or another John (in no particular order and sorry if Iโ€™ve forgotten anybody :blush: ) might be along soon, then youโ€™ll get a good answer. :smiley:

Hi John

Having passed your car driving test in '84 you have aquired grandfather rights. You can drive commercially but you must undertake 35 hours of periodic CPC training by September 2014 to continue commercial driving after that date.

Hope that puts your mind at rest :smiley:

Hi Deiseldave & Instructorone,

Many thanks for clearing that up for me, just one more question :unamused: just say i complete my 35 hours by say mid 2012 does that mean my 5 years is from then, ie need to renew in 2017 or does it โ€˜kick inโ€™ from 2014 and i need to renew by 2019โ– โ– ? :confused: :confused:

Hi driver John and Double D.

It has no bearing on when you complete your periodic training. Your requirement will be to complete your 35 hours every 5 years, 2009-2014, 2014-2019 and every 5 years thereafter. If (for example) you completed all your 35 hours in 2012 then your Driver CPC qualification will expire in 2019. f you completed your 35 hours in 2013 your Driver CPC card will also be valid till 2014. so it does not matter when you complete it.

Look around now and you will find some good deals around.

hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/driver-cpc.php

Hi hgvlgv,

Many thanks for that info :smiley: , that is exactly what i needed to know :sunglasses: .

John.