Shuttlespanker broke down

Hi m8 was it you or one of your drivers causing chaos on the a34 just b4 the m40 yeasterday morning ish ? Broke down on the inside lane . Hope it all sorted m8 and not too costly .

i wouldn’t wish that on any one that runs there own trucks, there run at such small margins anyway a breakdown all there want hope its not to expensive for you mate

i dont wish that on anyone either but i must say one thing well a few things what do you expect with em DOWN HILL KETTLE BOILING RACERS!!!
hope all is sorted tho hanky spanky if it was one of yours

Hi, it was not me personally, it was SWraith in one of mine :cry:

i called out DafAid, they could not fix it because they did not have the part :imp:

i ended up going from Leicester up to Wolverhampton to get the part and then down to Oxford to fix the truck :imp: :imp: :imp:

it was the fuel filter housing that had cracked where the bleed screw fits in, letting too much air into the fuel system.

all fixed and back up and running again now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mind you, the attending dealer wanted a guarantee of payment for £750 to have a look, decide they cannot fix it, then call out a recovery truck to tow him off the main carriageway into the first layby, all of half a mile :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

BUNCH OF ROBBIN …

funny thing was though, when i told them to shove the £750 and i would rather pay the fine for obstructing traffic, they came back and wanted £450 instead :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If i would of known m8 i would have dragged him to the layby myself . Thats daf for ya think of a number x4 then thats the price . Glad its all sorted now tho .

thanks mate

i had just pulled up outside the dealer in Wolverhampton to pick up the part when the phone rang, it was the woman from DafAid calling to tell me that the job was done and the truck was now up and running again :confused:

she was not very happy when i told her in no uncertain terms that it was not and also that they are a bunch of robbing gits (auto censor won’t let me put how i really feel!) and that i was going to collect the parts required so that i could go to the still broken down truck and fix it myself

Thank god for DAF - most of the DAF parts I deliver to the dealers/garages are for VOR trucks… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:
Thank god for DAF - most of the DAF parts I deliver to the dealers/garages are for VOR trucks… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well, the attending dealer went on their dealer part finder to see if anyone had actually got the correct part in stock, there were two dealers in the country with it showing in stock, 1 in Wolverhampton, the other in Cardiff :open_mouth: :confused:

at least you got sorted hanky spanky thats the main, dealers of all makes are 1st class robbing b"tards, but now you are up and running again rob i can get my dig in “lol” down hill kettle boiling dutch crap!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
you need a big misters motor

£750 :open_mouth:

That’s bloody day light robbery :confused:

i bet scania would be more expensive that that merc, mind you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , they would have to be as they dont break down :wink: as often as em down hill kettle boiling over racers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Main dealers are like that, aren’t they. Renault charged me 500 quid to do a fanbelt on one of mine once… Not happy!

Then the adjuster on the alternator went on one and they wanted to tow it 60 miles to Telford to fix it. That didn’t happen either!

And I had woes with Daf when the water pump went on the 2800. There was only one in the country and I was lucky that it was in Bovey. Same thing happened when my friends 530 blew its turbo, only one in the entire country…

Having faith in your product is one thing, but there are limits…

it is amazing how little parts stock most of the major brands carry. Some of the basic stuff they just don’t carry in the depots and it has to be ordered form a central location which can take 24hrs.

shuttlespanker:
Hi, it was not me personally, it was SWraith in one of mine :cry:

i called out DafAid, they could not fix it because they did not have the part :imp:

i ended up going from Leicester up to Wolverhampton to get the part and then down to Oxford to fix the truck :imp: :imp: :imp:

it was the fuel filter housing that had cracked where the bleed screw fits in, letting too much air into the fuel system.

all fixed and back up and running again now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mind you, the attending dealer wanted a guarantee of payment for £750 to have a look, decide they cannot fix it, then call out a recovery truck to tow him off the main carriageway into the first layby, all of half a mile :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

BUNCH OF ROBBIN …

funny thing was though, when i told them to shove the £750 and i would rather pay the fine for obstructing traffic, they came back and wanted £450 instead :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

driver issue chewing gum now is it rob■■? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: