It broke!

Had my first encounter with the local recovery garage lol the prop shaft seal failed and the truck had to be recovered 2.1 miles from the yard!

Had a nice ride in an actros V8 tho was very impressed!

back to the n reg then :unamused: :blush:

I can’t believe you’ve broke another one, that’ll teach you for sneaking into the tea van just round from the yard! if that’s the Springwood Grill it’s an even shorter journey for the wrecker.

Your’re not alone though.

On the Friday of my first week as a driver I was first one back, they asked if I could help them out as one of their other drivers had broken down (Being new it was “Yes of course”) I was given a little 14t DAF and told where to find the other driver, I had to back mine up behind his Cargo and roll across 4 cages of bottled water that were urgent for delivery.

Once this was done I could get the DAF into gear, the clutch had chosen this moment to fail. Ryders couldn’t believe it when I called the breakdown in from the same location, in the end there were 2 DBC trucks back to back out near Tollesbury both with a wrecker on the front. I wish I’d had a camera that day.

Hi dogthehunter,
well there your go, get that N reg back and get it cleaned out inside and make it your own and you will have a tidy little motor that you can do nights away in if necessary. Also have that nice 2 hour kip on a bunk when you need it!!!

I do understand that having to use a pallet truck to get the goods to back of the box might entail a bit more work, but that is not going to add to your daily work time that much really, is it ?

Look out for yourself at all times and it really is better not to believe that if I am going to some distance work I will have one of the six wheeler ERFs.
If your company need something taken up or down the road urgently and you are the only driver & vehicle available then you and your lorry are going to be doing it. I’m sure there a lot of us on this forum have been put in the same position at some time in the past and have had to make the same decision about doing or not. Make no mistake if you refuse to carry out a lawful instruction from your employer because you don’t have a sleeper you will looking at the ‘Job Seekers Allowance’ scenario for a while.

If I was you I would ask for the N reg and then spend a bit of time getting the interior sorted to your own satisfaction and then keep dropping hints that youv’e got this old/your motor all sorted and cleaned up inside and you are ready and able to do any work that might involve being away from home if that ever comes up.
In my experience a lot of small employers look out to see how you treat their oldest tackle and if you make a go of keeping it clean, making the interior liveable and just looking after the motor the chances of moving on and up onto something better is much more achievable.

I reckon you where lucky to get back to the yard,with another merc pulling you in :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: