Short distance diary.with pics(resized)

thought id jump on the bandwagon after buyin a pc that isnt coal fired! :blush:
nice n easy 0530 start,n long 10 min drive to iceland warrington,in n out in hr n half,back to yard,little snack of a full english(be rude not to,after the canteen gils cooked it)!then its up n away to the leafy manchester suburb of farnworth

well,here she is…envious?all you topline,spacecab,xxl pilots…hmm,thought not!but,all is not lost,new motors are a comin!

:cry: unfortunately,drivers protests have been ignored.we will in future be known as “conehead haulage” :blush: off to a typically english c&c within half hr
and good fortune has it one of malcolms beat me to it,so paper out,brew up

quick tip out o the back doors n trap on to c&c in salford

meet a fellow trucknetter called pat(so it said on cab door) and another driver
who for the sole amusement of other,chose to don a cowboy hat,n racily short shorts…nice :wink:

tidy streamliner,cab envy stikes :cry: off to trafford park now,i know its trafford park…the bridge told me so!

time for a break,if i can find a place!

squeeze in,over lookin the scenic ship canal n cerestar.im in for a wait at next place,so opt for a kip,dinner can be wound in whilst queuing :laughing:
yawn,where did that hr go?truck on for 5mins to chep

good god!staight in,no queue…but the cheeky chep chaps lull you into a false sense of delight…i wait inside for hr n half instead!

“bigdaves” fm makes light work of 2 on,2 off skips,despite flts attepts to bury them in tight!

then its long haul to skelmersdales soylent green…sorry,snack factory,to drop in pallets n scoot with a load

shunter draggin his wotsits slowly round the yard :unamused:

cab envy again,as fellow snack comrade stretches in a cf…oh how i wish i could stetch in the axor :cry: then its whooshwhoosh back to warrington,fuel up(whole 6 gallon)wash off n home in time for tea!

the office…or lackofspacecab as its known :imp:

posin 4 camera
many thanks to all involved…canteen staff,flt drivers,and trucknet member nianiamh for explaining how to do this as if he was talkin to an idiot :blush: :laughing:
and to rog,for tellin me ive put pics in too big,n havin to spend another half hr resezing :blush: :cry:

added a few more after resize

paul burgess in old days in old wagon

one for theyou dont know your born"! brigade!

resized to 640x480?hope they can be seen rog? :confused:

Is the shunter looking so happy with himself due to the fact he`s got the best motor at your place while the rest of you go around in your backsores :laughing: .

:cry: trust me,kalmar shunters are the tug equivalent of axor!
new turdberg tugs arrivin slowly,the topline of shunters!

whooshwhoosh:
resized to 640x480?hope they can be seen rog? :confused:

Nope - they are bigger than 640 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: - oh well… :wink:

Pics are fine on my lap top

You have PDA Pat in your pics, nice lady but do not upset her.

a shunter with trailer lights plugged in! my, my, what’s the world coming too?
They’ll be winding trailer legs up a bit before moving them next!

delete

wrong post

Driveroneuk:
a shunter with trailer lights plugged in! my, my, what’s the world coming too?
They’ll be winding trailer legs up a bit before moving them next!

:cry: plus park brakes must be applied,salvo locks put on ,barn doors to be
opened/closed,after a shift yr 3" shorter!

good diary, i definatly do pity you having to pilot an eyesore, horrible things to drive!

How long you worked there whooshwoosh? I used to work there. Is that big clump of a driver trainer/health and saftey guy still there? The one about 6 foot four with grey hair? Whilst i found it generally ok there, i did seem to notice an overwhelming health and saftey culture there whereby it seemed to be every staff members aim to report a near miss, which might be something not to do with them, i.e. someone split coupling a trailer or even more bizzare things but they put them up on the wall monthly. Strainge place it was, trunk to coventry empty, no load, ok go to Leicester, no load, ok come back empty.No probs, just make sure your fuel consumption is good!!!

nice read and pics are fine-loosen the nuts on the cone heads that’ll sort that out :laughing:

Mike-C:
How long you worked there whooshwoosh? I used to work there. Is that big clump of a driver trainer/health and saftey guy still there? The one about 6 foot four with grey hair? Whilst i found it generally ok there, i did seem to notice an overwhelming health and saftey culture there whereby it seemed to be every staff members aim to report a near miss, which might be something not to do with them, i.e. someone split coupling a trailer or even more bizzare things but they put them up on the wall monthly. Strainge place it was, trunk to coventry empty, no load, ok go to Leicester, no load, ok come back empty.No probs, just make sure your fuel consumption is good!!!

Big Pete Grey :laughing:
the guy is a giant and actually a decent guy just doing his job- walkers are a bit OTT on health & safety IMO along with the near miss form there is a ksb form but i think that one you dont have to name the person :confused:
Traffic is terrible at planning runs even the wholesale runs waste km’s by doubling back on yourself. Dont even know who does traffic probs a computer or something when it sould be an experienced ex driver.

merc0447:

Mike-C:

Big Pete Grey :laughing:
the guy is a giant and actually a decent guy just doing his job- walkers are a bit OTT on health & safety IMO along with the near miss form there is a ksb form but i think that one you dont have to name the person :confused:

Yeah he’s a pleasant enough guy, i just got the hump for being reported for things like not checking trailer brake was on before coupling up, split coupling etc. and he always seemed to catch me :smiley: I watched him rip a trailer door off one day as he pulled one off a bay with the shunter wagon, he was ■■■■■■ and jeffing about drivers not clipping doors back properly. I didn’t have the heart to tell him if he watched properly he would know that when the forklifts bounce going in and out of the trailers and rattle and shake the doors then the straps loosen off. Not sure if he now checks trailers before moving them off :smiley:

Traffic is terrible at planning runs even the wholesale runs waste km’s by doubling back on yourself. Dont even know who does traffic probs a computer or something when it sould be an experienced ex driver.

Do you still do the Bathgate runs?

I passed one of your trucks the other day by New Greenham Park outside Newbury on Friday, driver gave me a sort of cheesy grin… :confused:

hi mike c,one o yr lads in our depot last wk…was it u? ive done 6yr there.
big petes back on the road,says summat when the driver trainer gets bored wi the bs! :unamused: only go to bellshill now,the depot there does the scotch work(thank god)4hrs each way in the axor is enough 4 anyone!
if you see a driver south o coventry…its a leic driver,we cant be trusted any further :wink:

I’ve spent many a happy( :open_mouth: )hour sat in walkers at warrington. And many an unhappy hour sat in chep at trafford park :imp:

if anyone tips in warrington,ask on the desk for a visitor pass n u can get into canteen,decent cheap meal…or all the free crisps u can eat ? :wink:
any probs speak to phil in red shunter,good bloke,he"ll put u right!