Day 3 (new truck for day 4 tuesday)

started at mansfield 6am drove to liverpool to pick up load left livepool had to stop at services 15 mins from 1st drop as i was at 4 and half hours driving had my 45 mins then on to bradford unloaded and on my way within 15 mins so had 4hours 15 to get to hull and onto mansfield. allgood did it in about 4 hours including unloading time so all in all another good day finishing at 5pm. home for halfpast five. got a call at 6 asking if i can use my digital tacho card. on tuesday as they are giving me a new truck dont think its brand new but got to be better than the old y reg ive been driving funny thing is lad who drives same truck as me but next reg as they must have bought both at same time was telling me hes been their a year and trying to get a newer truck because the ones we have in his words are a pile of ■■■. hope hes not too upset with the newbie getting a newer truck if he hasnt got the newer one he wanted :smiley:

hi mate cant be worse than them at huthwaite they are ■■■■ after first time there i bought some baby wipes 2 clean steering wheel :unamused: i could have done with that run to scouse land got a a bird on the wirral :laughing: had a nice truck yesterday 55 plate merc big up taylors :unamused: enjoy mate :smiley:

luckily my lad is only 6mths old so after 1st day i took a pack of his wipes to clean the wheel and the truck fell to bits lol no really it took 4 wipes with different wipes to get it any where near clean. they do seem to have nice arctics. i have my class 1 week course a week on monday. :smiley:

good luck mate are you takin it at watnall :laughing: yes artics look good what i have seen perhaps cos they only have one driver :unamused:

lol yes at watnall tests on 14th may dont know how many arctic drivers but their always seems a bug que of them as im trying to hand my paperwork in :smiley: and im paying for it all myself as i did my class 2 :smiley:

you will be fine mate all your class2 drivin will hold you in good sted :laughing: i know payed 4 mine 2 :unamused: i had that black guy 4 mine cant remeber his name he was fair thou enjoy mate let us know how you get on :open_mouth:

morris mate i had him too when we were walking over the instructors were talking about him being really harsh and wanting the other examiner so i ■■■■ myself when i got him he was bang on had him for my 2nd cpc mod 4 as failed 1st and he was a lot better than the other 1 so i dont know why the instructors were going on about him if you do it right your ok if you dont you fail but i get really bad nerves on tests. lol

danj:
morris mate i had him too when we were walking over the instructors were talking about him being really harsh and wanting the other examiner so i [zb] myself when i got him he was bang on had him for my 2nd cpc mod 4 as failed 1st and he was a lot better than the other 1 so i dont know why the instructors were going on about him if you do it right your ok if you dont you fail but i get really bad nerves on tests. lol

What a great way to wind a trainee up before a test… tell them that one particular examiner is [ZB]

There is enough pressure without this sort of thing

to be fair it was the other trainer with the other trainee who was going on about it but yes that just really shattered my nerves and my test drive was not what i expected from myself and could not believe i passed when he told me i had as i felt really dissapointed with myself as i was pulling into the yard but saying that it was probably better than i realised as i was trying for perfection after my warm up speach from the trainer who was really chuffed his lad had got the other examiner. i passed he didnt. when i went for my 1st cpc i failed with the other examiner the other lad had on his test but passed when i had morris. :smiley: . i find the way he conducts the test are fairer and more in keeping with what id expect from an examiner. his words to me were he was their to help people pass but all they need to show is they are comnpetent and safe whilst in control of the truck at all times and aware of the safety for other road users.