Seventh mirror

Coming to a truck near you soon:

http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/2009/01/-operators-have-less-than.html

Edit: broken link now fixed & Denis, thanks for doing what you could whilst i was away down the road.

(Note to self, always read posts after sending & check operation of links).

Broken link alert

is it this one ?

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- … -than.html

edit: sussed it now :wink: l missing of the end ot the url

I’m all for more visibility in mirrors, but the more mirrors you have at the front, the larger your blind spots are at the front so you have to wiggle around like a nutter to see if it’s safe to proceed at junctions…

operators have less than three months to comply with the EU retrofit legislation to eliminate ‘blind spots’ on their trucks.

Looks like we’ll all be driving rigids then, i can see a thing down the side of mine when i turn. Unless we’re going to get a mirror on a big long spring :smiley:

Mike-C:

operators have less than three months to comply with the EU retrofit legislation to eliminate ‘blind spots’ on their trucks.

Looks like we’ll all be driving rigids then, i can see a thing down the side of mine when i turn. Unless we’re going to get a mirror on a big long spring :smiley:

It wouldn’t surprise me. How many more mirrors will we end up with? I guess its too much to ask for cyclists, bikers, Mondeo man etc just to give us a bit of room? :unamused:

Four cameras on the trailers and four on the unit all.With the screen on the dash so VOSA can have there say

Waiting on TAXI

were gonna end up looking like a huge version of Lambrettas and Vespas with all these mirrors :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Colin12:
were gonna end up looking like a huge version of Lambrettas and Vespas with all these mirrors :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Another mirror the wash wil rip off.
:laughing:

Must admit i fint the front blindspot mirror handy in a tight spot

that mirror seems useless, how the hell are you meant to see it if its down there and pointing in that direction?

just fit a camera and put a screen in the cab, were gonna have more blind spots in front of mirrors etc like int he volvo mirrors which are a pain in the rear end.