Found this interesting (if a little inaccurate in places) :open_mouth: :wink:

PART ONE

PART TWO

Apologies if done before :blush:

See how many things you can spot that are wrong :laughing:

Discuss…

the first truck isnt 44 ton :laughing:

jon

After the blind spots and cyclists getting caught up in them its hard to believe that in some cycle forums they are wanting mirrors on HGV’s and Buses made much smaller because of risk to hitting a pedistrian or cyclist with the mirrors !

more mirrors means bigger blind spot when exiting a junction, also why is it the driver needs to improve?.

when in towns/london how many times do you get a drop right in the middle of a housing estate with a old ind est,that should have been moved,closed down,and relocated to somewhere more suitable.

ie norlington road,leyton E10 i think,this is surounded by bollards on every corner,with 7.5t signs and only one road that fits an artic in,then you end up backing all of 75 yds to the main road against the flow of traffic.

did this drop a week fri, in the afternoon,you can well imagine the chaos that it created.
given the choice i wont go again.

Looks like his windscreen wiper blade could do with being replaced.

new mirrors are being designed to fit into the existing mirror housings but they will eliminate more blind spots - dont ask me how cos i am no expert

My favourite bit of Part 1 is at 07’08.

“if you are a driver, or a cyclist or even a pedestrian you are not going to be thinking about the space the lorry needs to turn”. :open_mouth:

So what exactly are they supposed to be thinking about when in the proximity of a large vehicle? :unamused:

Part 2 is priceless. The Police bloke says truck drivers must ‘take special care when turning left’. Cheers for that. :unamused:

Also, the woman with the glasses suggests that if a wagon sweeps to the right to make a left people will assume it is ok to steam up the left of the truck. Well, assuming the truck is indicating left, why would they assume it is safe to do that? :confused:

“Good vehicles are getting larger and larger all the time” says the copper. :open_mouth: Where does he get that from? Trucks are governed by strict size and weight limits. How do people get away with such ill-informed crap? :imp:

simple answer - educate cyclists :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:
simple answer - educate cyclists :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dunno if that would work. I mean crushing a few of them hasn’t educated the rest. :wink: :smiley:

Why o why dont the people of this country learn to live with the lgv,s and smaller trucks and realise they are needed for their very existance.