Set of alloys.

Thinking of buying myself a set of alloys for my daf ftp. Does anyone have a rough price as to how much it would be for say a set of secondhand durabrites? Also is it even possible to buy durabrites for the 17.5inch mid lift on an ftp?

Cheers
Matt

Durabrights are a rare find in half decent condition, they will go for a minimum of £200 a wheel if you are lucky enough to find a set, you can always save a penny by using standard alcoas on the inside of the drive axle of course, the other thing you need to cost in are longer wheel studs if the wheels are standard 26mm holes, if you find a retro fit set with 32mm holes you can use the original length studs but you will need the sleeved wheel nuts which are not cheap.

how many stud is the lightweight axle?

DAFs FTP axle is 6 studs

don’t think Alcoa do a wheel with the relevant weight capability on a 6 stud

Bertchi,s tankers run Dafs with the little axle and they are all on durabrites

chaversdad:

nope, the mini midlift is usually a steelie with a stainless trim :wink:

shuttlespanker:

chaversdad:

nope, the mini midlift is usually a steelie with a stainless trim :wink:

Ahhhhh sneaky

Thanks for replies lads. Ill give tyretracks a call see what they have or theres a guy from Stockton way usually advertises on ebay.

Matt.

Dam shuttlespanker ,I will now be looking at DAF ftp axles to see if any have alloys etc …If I find one a pic will be taken :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …As tech it isn’t something I really take notice off

norb:
Dam shuttlespanker ,I will now be looking at DAF ftp axles to see if any have alloys etc …If I find one a pic will be taken :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …As tech it isn’t something I really take notice off

it could be worse :wink:

the sales manager at one of my local dealers calls me “you b%$£%*d” every time he speaks to me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

all i said to him was, the truck didn’t look balanced :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: I don’t get inspections to do ,so personally I never get to work on FTP axles, though now I will keep make a point of looking at them when they com in ,Will even ask when im next at Thame ,hough I doubt instructors will know

Speedline do a 6 stud alloy.

Alcoa do off set like speed line but not a centre nave 6 stud. We’ll no last time I asked lol