Alloys

Hello All

I’m looking at buying some durabrites for the other trucks but have realised on a vehicle I just bought that had durabrites already fitted on the drive axle the inner rims are standard steel rims. Is this normal? Do you guys just have alloys on the outers? Is there any difference? Obviously I’m just going for the looks here I don’t need them for weight saving or anything like that, just looks tidy

Ive seen them like what youve got before, so they can be fitted using the normal nuts, without changing the studs for longer ones, or if none are available. Usually the alloy has a normal wheel stud size hole, rather than the bigger hole for a sleeve nut,

Ive never seen alloys and steel on the same hub before

Trickydick:

Very common, saves money, lots of motors with big shiney wheels have steel inners…

easier to split

biggriffin:

Trickydick:

Very common, saves money, lots of motors with big shiney wheels have steel inners…

First on me, Ive literally removed hundreds of wheels att eh delaers and whilst working elsewhere and never seen it before, in fact if I saw it I would have to defect it.
Sometimes see truck with different offset/width front wheels, but thats down to lack of knowledge as we have a very special tyre fitter!