alloys

does anyone know if a set of alcoa alloys from a daf will fit a volvo fh

Of course, as long as the wheel width is the same. You can’t mix and match tyre sizes, for example, you can’t put a 315/70 with a 295/75 on the same vehicle.

Pro tip, if you’re polishing them up, do it before you fit the wheel because it’s a bugger to polish around the wheel nuts. :grimacing:

you may have to get the correct wheel nuts to fit

DAF use an M22 retro fit nut on the Alcoa Alloys, that is a 32mm wheel brace size, not sure of the thread size on the Volvo, but the wheel brace size is 33mm

thanks for advice both trucks are on 295 so will give it a go thanks for advice

mine are getting a bit knackered now, what sort of price are the durabrights?

If the wheels are 26mm holes and require extended studs, then use rear axle studs for front/middle axle. For the rear you have to get a longer stud, which is possible whatever the dealer tells you, I’ve got some in my workshop which may have a part number on them if you need it.

Wheels with a countersunk hole and sleeved nut should be able to use standard studs for steel wheels. Conventional wheels will need longer studs.

FH Hammy:
. You can’t mix and match tyre sizes, for example, you can’t put a 315/70 with a 295/75 on the same vehicle.

better tell the manufacturers then, lowride units come with different sizes on steer and driveaxles from the factory.

chaversdad:

I’d be interested to know too just out of anorak interest. I think tyre line in Daventry let you trade your old ones in as well, dunno if they try & bend you over though.

I had some 8 year ago on a new wagon but I can’t remember what it added to the bill, they were polished, wished the salesman had tried to sell me durabrites though, the buffoon.

I made an anorak note of the new Durabrites Eco stockists whilst I was fawning over the Shiny in a mag recently.

Durabrites Eco

Tyre line ltd 01327701010 Daventry

Tyre tracks ltd 01785851718 eccleshall

Modern tyres 02830259300

On a side note, would it be worth getting these trailer wheels re-lacquered, do they go back to blinding or just half decent? & how much would it cost, anyone know anyone in Birmingham? They are alloys even though you probly can’t tell :frowning:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397214296.735066.jpg

the only thing to do with those is to get them sandblasted, primed, painted and clearcoated. cheaper to buy new ones than to polish those to an ok finish.

You could try the fella at chrome(northwest) he supplies a spray that’s not acid based that’ll bring them wheels back to life with a little elbow grease. :sunglasses:

Silver_Surfer:

chaversdad:

I’d be interested to know too just out of anorak interest. I think tyre line in Daventry let you trade your old ones in as well, dunno if they try & bend you over though.

I had some 8 year ago on a new wagon but I can’t remember what it added to the bill, they were polished, wished the salesman had tried to sell me durabrites though, the buffoon.

I made an anorak note of the new Durabrites Eco stockists whilst I was fawning over the Shiny in a mag recently.

Durabrites Eco

Tyre line ltd 01327701010 Daventry

Had some on new one last year were around 2.5k for 8

Tyre tracks ltd 01785851718 eccleshall

Modern tyres 02830259300

Had some on new one last year were around 2.5k for 8

milodon:
the only thing to do with those is to get them sandblasted, primed, painted and clearcoated. cheaper to buy new ones than to polish those to an ok finish.

Thought it wouldn’t be worth it as well. Oh well, just have to keep looking scruffy then.

£300 odd for new Durabrites sounds alright though gettin-on.

Silver_Surfer:

Blimey I thought they were are lot more than that?
This is for Alcoa wheels?

muckles:

Silver_Surfer:

that will be with the old ones in part ex for the new ones :wink:

they are around £375 per wheel for durabrites

shuttlespanker:

muckles:

Silver_Surfer:

That’s still a lot less than I thought they were, I’ve seem to have got the idea that a set for a 4x2 would be about around the £4000 mark. :laughing:

muckles:

shuttlespanker:

muckles:

Silver_Surfer:

That’s still a lot less than I thought they were, I’ve seem to have got the idea that a set for a 4x2 would be about around the £4000 mark. :laughing:

Pop the Shampers & get 'em in then Muckles!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Silver_Surfer:

muckles:

shuttlespanker:

muckles:

Silver_Surfer:

Pop the Shampers & get 'em in then Muckles!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Well I don’t know about that, but my steel wheels are looking a bit shabby, I don’t like wheel trims as I think you should be able to see the wheel nuts and in Motorsport image is quite important.
So it might be easier to persuade the boss to part with the money at those prices. :smiley:

Might have to wait a bit though, trucks just had a new clutch. :frowning:

but then again they’ve just spent £40k on garage walling and £10k on pit perch for the engineers to sit at during the race. Makes the price of a set of alloys seem like small change. Although investing in the transport always seems to be a long way down their list of priorities. :frowning: