Seen this on Ebay

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … Track=true

Just thought I’d share it with you! :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing:

Says the seller is based in Diss, Norfolk :exclamation: I’ve never seen them on the road

does anyone else think the wagons look a touch rough?

I love it on Ebay when people put “no reserve” but the lowest possible bid here is £10k :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Sundowner:
:lol: :laughing:

Says the seller is based in Diss, Norfolk :exclamation: I’ve never seen them on the road

As the business has only brought in £7000 since last May it seems they don’t spend much time on the road. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Maybe that’s a good thing. I’ve seen shunters in better condition.

If I turned up to do my training & seen the state of their lorries I think be a bit concerned! :open_mouth:

The_Catman:
I love it on Ebay when people put “no reserve” but the lowest possible bid here is £10k :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Just a way of avoiding paying Ebay’s extorsionate reseve price fee.

but you still have to pay loads more in lisiting fees.

is the £7000 turn over or profit and is it before tax? :open_mouth:

So there is either not much business or there’s no money being made if there is! :laughing:

So basically you’re paying £10k for 3 clappd out motors :laughing:

If You have held a full UK licence in all H.G.V. categories for at least 3 years then you are able to teach and charge for doing so without taking any qualifying tests or having to gain any entitlement to do so

Is this right ■■

but you still have to pay loads more in lisiting fees

Nope

Listing at a £100 start price or listing at a £7000 start price costs the same (in commercial vehicles).

You can take someone out on L plates if over 21, and held licence for that category.

But I don’t think that you can charge people for doing it unless you are an Approved Driving Instructor and are on the register.

That’s my understanding anyway - the whole thing looks decidedly suspect to me. :confused:

dirving one of those scrap heaps aint going to help in the modern days logistics world.

jon

jonboy:
dirving one of those scrap heaps aint going to help in the modern days logistics world.

jon

I dont completly agree with that. I did my test is a wrecker thats not as good as our shunters. But now when i get in a new wagon it seems so much easier. but think of it the other way. do your test in a brand spanker and then the agency send you out in a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ are most people would struggle like [zb].

Too obvious. L. :wink:

But I don’t think that you can charge people for doing it unless you are an Approved Driving Instructor and are on the register

That only applies to Car (and posibly bike) instruction.
The LGV register is voluntary.

If you’re teaching someone to drive an HGV you’re not legally teaching them to drive as they can already drive, having passed a car test. You’re teaching them the different handling considerations for a larger vehicle and advanced driving skills. Which is the legal standpoint on it.

jonboy:

jon

I guess being fair though, they ‘might’ actually drive well. I’ve had a couple of vans in the past that ‘looked’ like total dogs, but were actually a nice drive.
In that state though they dont do much for your driving schools proffesional image :laughing:

scab-in-a-cab:

If You have held a full UK licence in all H.G.V. categories for at least 3 years then you are able to teach and charge for doing so without taking any qualifying tests or having to gain any entitlement to do so

Is this right ■■

but you still have to pay loads more in lisiting fees

Nope

Listing at a £100 start price or listing at a £7000 start price costs the same (in commercial vehicles).

…if you sell then you don’t pay the reserve fee anyway