For Rob K

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … 08326&rd=1

If you check this ebay item is it you old motor/employer

i know its a bit sad but have a look at some of their purchases - bizarre! :open_mouth:

jj72:
i know its a bit sad but have a look at some of their purchases - bizarre! :open_mouth:

Who in their right mind would want those gargoyles :exclamation:

It is indeed my old motor, the exact one - L444MFT :slight_smile: .

I’ve never seen it since it was re-cabbed about a year ago (was involved in a heavyish f/n/s corner smash into the back of a mixer), but previous to that it was immaculate, inside and out (no dashboard drill holes or torn seats etc) and does go surprisingly well for the engine size. It smokes a bit but that’s probably because it’s getting old now and also coz it’s been chipped up.

The only thing I can remember that was at fault with it was the exhaust brake. The original one had broken and couldn’t be fixed properly so a non-standard one is fitted instead which is operated by a button instead of the lever on the dash. You can’t leave it on all the time because it stalls the wagon near enough when idling.

Other than that it was an excellent motor for the age but I wouldn’t pay more than £5000 for it tops, considering the age and mileage (plenty of mileage done on said company’s motors with the ‘banana plug’ in above the tacho so take the reading with a pinch of salt).

Due credit to the company, the motors were always well maintained and faults fixed as soon as the motor could be got in. If I had the money and the work I’d buy it meself, that’s all I can say really (and whoever buys it, if you want a driver for it … :slight_smile: )

:sunglasses:

Thats a smart lookin’ piece of kit!
A few little thing would bother me though.
It’s got tipping gear, and we all know how much hammer a tipper gets.
It’s an oldish one, so whats the Euro classification on the engine. Euro 0 are not allowed through the Blanc for example.
It comes with Rob K as standard.
Scary stuff!

Big engine for a 380 though, 12 ltr.
My 430’s are only 10’s.

ianyng:
Thats a smart lookin’ piece of kit!
A few little thing would bother me though.
It’s got tipping gear, and we all know how much hammer a tipper gets.
It’s an oldish one, so whats the Euro classification on the engine. Euro 0 are not allowed through the Blanc for example.
It comes with Rob K as standard.
Scary stuff!

Big engine for a 380 though, 12 ltr.
My 430’s are only 10’s.

It’s not a 380 Ian, it’s a 340 believe it or not. It did used to pull pretty well when I had it, considering the engine size and mileage - would hold 35-40mph up Windy Hill fully loaded at 40 tonne. Don’t know who’s had it since although it was parked up for a good while after I left the company. He’s probably got some more FH’s for sale but unless it’s the L-reg FH16, all the others are 6-leggers…

‘banana plug’ - what’s that?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … 60307&rd=1
Have a look at the description for this one… full of immigrants looking for work■■?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

i can see why you got shirty when that moron stacked it rob :imp:
its a nice bit off kit.
bids are now just over the 5k mark.
chris

spaceman:
‘banana plug’ - what’s that?

What shape are banana’s :question::bulb:

A little lateral thinking required.

caveman:
i can see why you got shirty when that moron stacked it rob :imp:
its a nice bit off kit.
bids are now just over the 5k mark.
chris

I wonder what the reserve is on it then, because it says it’s not been met :confused: . When I was talking to Malcolm about it nearly 8 months ago he was talking around the 5k figure then, so another 8 months depreciation on top of that would put it easily under 5k in my opinion. I certainly wouldn’t pay any more than 5k for it.