New motor photos

My new motor on the day I picked it up(also posted on picture forum)

The new one and the old one

Lucky old me! :smiley:

a nice selection of pictures ,nice truck,

Very smart unit! Looks good in red with the chrome mirror covers.

hope you manage to keep it cleaner than the animals up at scropton used to break me every morning climbing into my cab to see how the nightshift left it.

That sure is one fine looking machine

I know what you mean about the scropton wagons. They’re not all bad up there, and the yard doesn’t help.(Got to be a bit diplomatic here) :wink:

i loved my mp2 but that new sunvisor looks likes it snapped and has been bodged together with some tin plate :open_mouth: :laughing:
{apart from that it still looks like a nice truck}

Very nice,red mudgaurds would finish it nicely. What do you think of it?

Very nice, shame about the Speedline alloy wheels, Alcoa’s would be 100% better. A big step up fom your old motor!!

nice motor very nice indeed think the sun visor looks like a big pair of bushy eyebrows :smiley:

How do ellies dad. It’s a cracking motor,takes a bit of getting used to no clutch peddle but is an real breeze on the road. The gearbox is pretty good but it can get a bit ahead of itself out in the sticks especially if it’s a bit up hill and down dale, best to use it as a manual then,and the gear shifts are a lot quicker than the telligent box on the old Actros and it has yet to miss a gear like the old ones used to.
It’s as good on fuel now as the old one was and it’s done less than 5,000km so can only get better and uses about 30l of adblue a week.
There is heaps of space and storage and like all the German kit the switches don’t fall out of the dash when you press them or shut the door.
To be honest I’ve driven most makes over the years and I think that Merc have now got it about right.

rm sorry for the thicko question, whats ad blue? is that the toilet stuff you use in caravans?

Ad Blue is a urea based additive that’s stored in a seperate tank on the vehicle and is directly injected into the vehicles exhaust to clean up emissions.
That’s basically it, but I’m sure someone who actually cares about the stuff will give a full and concise explanation.

bloody hell what is next lol

biggerstuff:
How do ellies dad. It’s a cracking motor,takes a bit of getting used to no clutch peddle but is an real breeze on the road. The gearbox is pretty good but it can get a bit ahead of itself out in the sticks especially if it’s a bit up hill and down dale, best to use it as a manual then,and the gear shifts are a lot quicker than the telligent box on the old Actros and it has yet to miss a gear like the old ones used to.
It’s as good on fuel now as the old one was and it’s done less than 5,000km so can only get better and uses about 30l of adblue a week.
There is heaps of space and storage and like all the German kit the switches don’t fall out of the dash when you press them or shut the door.
To be honest I’ve driven most makes over the years and I think that Merc have now got it about right.

Good stuff,i have an mp2 '46 with the powershift 12 box,7.5mpg(on timber work) and it uses 85 litres of adblue every 4800k’s.It was alot harder on adblue and slower on the road when new. Gotta love that autobox thou,best of luck with your new rig.

Nice motor.We just took delivery of the same on mon.Nice to drive to. :slight_smile:

well nice motor :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I posted on the pic forum but as its so nice. :grimacing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

nice looking motor bigstuff.
i bet you dont fell SHEEPISH in that :wink: :laughing: :blush: (look at the reg number).