Is this guy having a Laff or wot.......?

Just seen this on Ebay, and although I’m no expert, surely he has priced this a little on the topside?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ERF-Tractor-Unit_ … 240%3A1318

Just wondered what everyones “BEST OFFER” would be?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The seller sounds like a “bright spark” doesn’t he?

Would you buy a used truck from this man■■? :wink:

Now i’m worried.
Why was you looking up ERF on ebay in the first place. :laughing:

The fact that an 8 pot Gardner is sat under the cab might have something to do with it. They are a very sought after engine.

In the current economic climate, it probably is priced on the high side, but there will be somebody out there willing to pay for it.

Quick wash over and it could be on tramping duties next week!!!
Try getting that past a vosa site without being stopped?

haulier:
Quick wash over and it could be on tramping duties next week!!!
Try getting that past a vosa site without being stopped?

Daft as it sounds, that probably wouldn’t need much to pass an MOT.

If it is out working next week, give me a bell - I’ll drive it!! (Seriously!)

My answer to Shrek’s post would be “NO”.

It’s not of course a stipulation that you must have a university education to deal on eBay, but vehicles is a very ‘healthy’ area for fraud on eBay. Besides not having a brilliant command of the English language, have you ever seen a mobile number written like that??

And what was he doing driving it for 5 miles on the “highway”, an interesting word to use in an eBay advert, in it’s present state?

Probably not Killsville, the guy said he’s given it a small run and everything seems to be ok. Looks can be decieving?

The ad blurb:
The vehicle was stood for a considerable length of time but I have just drove this vehicle aprox 5 miles on the highway

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Is this guy for real?? Look at the state of it ! :open_mouth:

i think it is the same as when we here we’ve had bigger than that in here, an extension of the truth if he’s drove that for 5 miles on the highway vosa need to reconsider there locations. i think he means he got 5 seconds of running out of it. :laughing:

seems genuine enough to me

just check his feedback out Feedback he has had a lot of dealings with people selling ERF items

limeyphil:
Now i’m worried.
Why was you looking up ERF on ebay in the first place. :laughing:

Im looking to upgrade my scania :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Was just browsing thru the truck section really looking for a 24v christmas tree and a Santa Claus Michellin Man :laughing:

He wants £3250ono, when just above was a big ERF (olympic?) 51 plate and that was only 5 grand!

Rob K:

The ad blurb:
The vehicle was stood for a considerable length of time but I have just drove this vehicle aprox 5 miles on the highway

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ignore the paintwork and the vehicle underneath is probably sound. The B-Series ERF was a very popular vehicle in it’s day, both strong and reliable, hence why it is the choice of many a fairground man.

DS074:
He wants £3250ono, when just above was a big ERF (olympic?) 51 plate and that was only 5 grand!

But the Olympic wasn’t powered by a 240 Gardner! If you’ve ever driven a 240, you’ll know what I’m on about!

killsville:

DS074:

But the Olympic wasn’t powered by a 240 Gardner! If you’ve ever driven a 240, you’ll know what I’m on about!

I’m guessing most of us haven’t so enlighten us!

killsville:

DS074:

that was a good motor i its day,when my father was in the scrap game we used to bye those & extend the chassis by 3 feet & make them into wreckers,i was 15 when i drove on of those & believe me their was’nt much could catch em on the motorway even with a truck hooked up on the back.

Rob K:

The ad blurb:

I think Mr VOSA would spit his coffee out if he saw that truck trundling by while on his coffee break…

GEEBEE45 what would your first thoughts be if you saw that on patrol :question: :laughing: :open_mouth: :exclamation:

Does it come with a free GV9 :question: :wink:

Joking aside as said in previous posts it would probably pass an M.O.T with very little work but I would be 70% sure you would recieve a slowwwwww drive by of a VOSA van everytime they came across you on your travels :exclamation: :exclamation:

G.Cross are near Middlewich iirc. I used to tip containers at their museum/yard, x-Crewe Freightliner. That B series could well have been the fleet flagship at the time. :wink:

bit of T-Cut… :wink:

and in the world of bikers…it would be a Rat “truck”

looks good to me. :smiley:

Goaty:
G.Cross are near Middlewich iirc. I used to tip containers at their museum/yard, x-Crewe Freightliner. That B series could well have been the fleet flagship at the time. :wink:

last time i saw one of theres i think he had upgraded to c series :laughing:

i’ve tipped a few there myself he’s got alsorts hidden away in that yard