Secure parking Holland style

Them wacky and crazy Dutch, secure parking for trucks who ever heard of such a thing.

You missed the irony then.

Don’t worry, I understood the sarcasm and irony :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not surprised that the Dutch are taking action, after a quick google I read an
article that estimated truck crime ie theft of trucks and freight was costing
Dutch insurers 30 to 40 million euros a year. There was no date on the survey.

In 1994 a survey for the Met police estimated that £30 million was the cost of theft
from and of HGVs in their area. 3047 vehicles were reported stolen.

Truckpol estimate that the cost to the economy is now at, wait for it
£250 million per year. Thats a heck of a bill to pay.

Now we all know that insurers react to facts and figures, so why are they not
foaming at the mouth about the lack of secure parking in the UK.

The opposition to truck parking by local council planning departments is I believe
another obstacle. In response to their concerns about parking, I say think of the amount
of wasted police time that investigating these crimes could save on police budgets, and
allow the police to patrol your streets.

£250 million is a figure that in my humble opinion needs to be reduced, if I can see it why
cant the not in my back yard brigade.

Oh and maybe it would bring a reduction in premiums…mmmm

It wouldn’t work in the UK, Because if you park in the same yard each night, or on regular occasions, then it would be seen as you are using it as an opperating centre.

This is the UK after all. In Holland it is different, They are allowed to think for themselves, and it gets good results.

@
LIMYPHIL; THESE ARE TRUCK-STOPS; and you will find
such place scattered over europe each country has started to offer such a service
its only the UK that has not got the idea going, so you are not going to be done
for illegal parking from the VOSA etc etc,

They might do it in the UK but heres what will happen:

It will be £30 to park, they will put in a nice new shower block but some idiot as always will either take the shower head apart or break the controls for the shower, take the locks off the door,burn ■■■ holes in the cubicle etc.

They will have a hot plate and cook all the bacon and eggs at 2 am and leave them there all day charging £5 per dried up item.

Some ■■■■ will reverse over them nice electric plug in things or through the fence of the brand new complex (like Immingham) rendering security useless.

Somebody will reverse in to the cctv pods rendering them useless.

Somebody will urinate and leave feaces all over the place bec ause they are too ■■■■ lazy to walk to the toilet.

Somebody will get stuck the other side of the barrier and some ■■■■ will enter the barrier before its has a chance to go back down rendering it useless.

Cynical?. NAH I just know what SOME ■■■■■■■ truckers in this country are like .

nough said
till we all clean up our act regarding dumping stuff in laybys etc instead of using bins or taking it with us no one will ever see these sort of places in uk, and the dumping includes our foreign cousins here
it always amazes me to see rubbish just dumped out of the window of a truck when a bin is a few yards away and the amount of rubbish we drop in laybys etc, no wonder we have a bad name
1 up from the travellers we are

brit pete:
@
such place scattered over europe each country has started to offer such a service
its only the UK that has not got the idea going, so you are not going to be done

That’s not what a certain TC said in a magazine article.
The TC said that trucks using the same truckstop or MSA on a regular basis are obviously using them as unofficial operating centres.
And this would be on her agenda to be stamped out.

limeyphil:

brit pete:
@

That’s not what a certain TC said in a magazine article.
The TC said that trucks using the same truckstop or MSA on a regular basis are obviously using them as unofficial operating centres.
And this would be on her agenda to be stamped out.

Think it would only twang her knicker elastic if it was apparent the vehicle was regularly parked there for the drivers weekend rest break, not at its official o/center, anyway places like Lymm Truck Stop are official operating centers for the likes of Tate and Lyle etc.

try peterhead truck park hardly any room for visiting drivers and allways on the slopey bit ,why cant the lads that are leaving their truck there and going home park on the slope and let the night outers have the flat bit?