Seatbelts

How many of you wear seatbelts? I have always worn one through habit. I also heard of a driver on a bridge being thrown through his windscreen onto the motorway below. He would have been fine if he was wearing one. That’s enough to keep me wearing one.

I voted no because the truck doesnt have them fitted but even if it did i wouldnt wear them

And to stop me going through the windscreen i have a piccy of the wife stuck in the sunvisor thats enough to keep me away from the window :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

SimonRS2K:
And to stop me going through the windscreen i have a piccy of the wife stuck in the sunvisor thats enough to keep me away from the window :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

I hope they never put a picture of mine in the pub!!! ( unless its on the dartboard!!!).

I always wear mine for the simple fact its not worth the £50 to avoid being a bit safer in the truck should anything happen.

Nope :wink: :smiley:

Ultimately we can all exercise that thing called ‘personal choice’

The evidence in support suggests it has to be a ‘no brainer’.

little anecdote…

happened during the late summer, when the M6 was closed below the blackpool/preston turn-offs and didn’t re-open til 3am time…

anyway - took a little detour following some roadsigns for traffic works happening at the same time and wasn’t clear where I was or the best route to get to where I was going, so pulled up on a roundabout with lancs traffic police directing traffic away from the route to the motorway, belt off, flagged one over, he gave me the route, I began to put the belt back on - he say’s “don’t bother putting that on son - people of your size don’t go through windscreens in vans like these”

aghast I drove off no belt, got round the corner and put it on anyway :smiley: wouldn’t want 8 broken ribs on the steering wheel either ossifer!

I’m a bit slack with seatbelts in wagons if I’m honest.

poor weather, busy traffic and when those ‘gut feelings’ arise - belt comes on.
little traffic in good conditions I tend to 'forget and give myself the extra movement in the cab. I’m a big fella (hence ‘el gordo’) and many seatbelts stop me doing blindspot checks and literally wear through the skin on my neck til its raw and bleeding.
in the car and smaller stuff, it’s always on. force of habit and far more comfy.

SimonRS2K:

OK I’m going to admit to something a bit childish…but it kept me happy all day!! :laughing:

A while ago ‘er indoors’ ■■■■■■ me off first thing in the morning. As I got to work and climbed in the cab, still feeling ■■■■■■ off with her, I took the photo of her out of my wallet and sat on it.

All day long I was giggling to myself and thinking “kiss my arse!!” :sunglasses:

Best of all was the look on her face when I got home and told her!! Broke the ‘ice’ and we ended up laughing about it!! :smiley:

By the way, I voted ‘yes’. I always wear it when possible; a weeks Road Safety Officers course and all the video clips you get shown sorted that out!! :open_mouth:

marcustandy:
A while ago ‘er indoors’ [zb] me off first thing in the morning. As I got to work and climbed in the cab, still feeling [zb] off with her, I took the photo of her out of my wallet and sat on it.

Not childish at all thats pure genius :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

In more than 10%, the occupants of the driver’s cab were thrown out of it, and 55% of them lost their lives.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0HFC/is_5_44/ai_99372781 This can be found here.

If you dont mind being one of the 10% thrown out of the cab in an accident then i suppose thats your choice and of course being 1 of the 55% to DIE then like i say thats your choice personally i like life and prefer the chances of survival with the belt on.

I wear mine only when on roads with a National speed limit or on a dual carriageway or a motorway. In town, I have lots of stops and need to get out to put luggage in or out of my coach so I don’t bother. Local buses dont have seatbelts either.

I will be honest that I do not put it on every time, but as my mate

explained to me after his accident,That if had not used his belt then

he would have died,Many of the accidents end up with either the

poor driver being thrown out of the cabin or hitting the steering

wheel,windowscreen etc. Also the belts are in most cases not fitting

for the job that they are supposed to do…But I will try to use it now

for two reasons 1… IT may save my life…2… THE law enforcement

agency s are checking more often and I wish to not part with the

money that I work for because of my not observeing the trafficlaws…

i never wear one in a truck. the videos only show the incidents where seatbelts are NOT worn. where do they show you about the deaths and injuries caused by the seatbelt?
i have never had any problems from the authorities about not wearing one and even if they do decide to prosecute, it is only a fine. its not endorsable according to the highway code website

marcustandy:
OK I’m going to admit to something a bit childish…but it kept me happy all day!! :laughing:

A while ago ‘er indoors’ [zb] me off first thing in the morning. As I got to work and climbed in the cab, still feeling [zb] off with her, I took the photo of her out of my wallet and sat on it.

All day long I was giggling to myself and thinking “kiss my arse!!” :sunglasses:

Best of all was the look on her face when I got home and told her!! Broke the ‘ice’ and we ended up laughing about it!! :smiley:

Very funny marcustandy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I prefer to wear a seat belt but have on occasions
not put one on even though they were fitted.

daveb0789:
I wear mine only when on roads with a National speed limit or on a dual carriageway or a motorway. In town, I have lots of stops and need to get out to put luggage in or out of my coach so I don’t bother. Local buses dont have seatbelts either.

Must admit, I do the same, Motorways and dual carriageways, I wear the seat belt.
Town driving I prefer not to as I tend to move around when checking blind spots on roundabouts and junctions with traffic either side of me. Even with the mirrors set correctly, sometimes you just never know …

Have and always will wear a seatbelt

If not I dont think I would have walked away from this with nothing more than a small cut to my little finger.

O and a need for clean underware
Picture of a Wreck!!

Small edit to tidy up the image link- Rikki

Scanny 77, maybe you don’t get to see the very rare shot where someone has died because of wearing a seatbelt because it’s not possible to prove that they would have lived without a belt.

However it’s fairly easy to prove that someone died because he/she wasn’t wearing a seat belt and consequently hit the road when he/she was thrown out of the vehicle or got bounced around the inside of the vehicle.

I always wear mine and had the reasons for doing so re-inforced when a colleague had a bad smash on the A14 and was very lucky that he had, for once, been wearing one.

Gat:
Have and always will wear a seatbelt

If not I dont think I would have walked away from this with nothing more than a small cut to my little finger.

O and a need for clean underware
Picture of a Wreck!!

Small edit to tidy up the image link- Rikki

When was that mate ■■?

Hope it was’nt you on the A50 this week

simon

That was a couple of years ago on the A46 near stratford

Magic Mel:

daveb0789:

Must admit, I do the same, Motorways and dual carriageways, I wear the seat belt.
Town driving I prefer not to as I tend to move around when checking blind spots on roundabouts and junctions with traffic either side of me. Even with the mirrors set correctly, sometimes you just never know …

ditto

make me laff when alot of training companys dont have seat belts fitted in there lorries…dont show a good example does it

where`s the option in the poll for “when its windy?” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
i dont normally wear one no… shoot me and hit me with birch twigs… but then i also drink too much, eat too much, look at pictures of rude ladies and cross roads. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: