Seatbelts do you wear or not?

Never used to bother wearing a belt in the cab(but always in the car■■?) but after the tragic accident with the coach where people where killed and had arms/legs lost buy being draged due to them not wearing seat belts , whos now started wearing theres or who has always wore theres?

This poll has been done several times before on here, would be interesting to see how the results this time compare with the previous polls.

Going by previous form there will be posts from people who know someone who didn’t get killed in an accident and would have if they had been wearing their belt. The old favourite from people who don’t wear it because they think they will be able to jump out of the driver’s seat and onto the bunk in an accident, thereby saving them self. Then there will be posts from those who only wear it in bad weather. The last one I can never understand as it seems they recognise some benefit from wearing it but seem to be under the impression accidents only happen in bad weather. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

YES ;why because it saves lives, and also ensures that

my money is not used to pay a fine for non use,which

can cost,try 200€ in France,for example.

The old favourite from people who don’t wear it because they think they will be able to jump out of the driver’s seat and onto the bunk in an accident, thereby saving them self

Anyone who thinks that not only will they be able to process what’s about to happen in a blink of an eye, but also get from behind the wheel and onto the bunk before the collision is in my eyes seriously deluded. I always wear a seat belt, you never know what is around the next bend.

Having worked in recovery and delt with fatal accidents ive seen the light and always do. Ive seen one truck where if the driver had had his on he would still be with us. He went forward his head hitting the front o/s pillar causing a fatal blow. Had he been wearing it ok he would of had leg injuries but hed still be alive.

Limestone Cowboy:

The old favourite from people who don’t wear it because they think they will be able to jump out of the driver’s seat and onto the bunk in an accident, thereby saving them self

Anyone who thinks that not only will they be able to process what’s about to happen in a blink of an eye, but also get from behind the wheel and onto the bunk before the collision is in my eyes seriously deluded.

Couldn’t agree more, but it has been posted as the reason for not wearing a belt in previous threads of this nature. I know in my one bad accident, in which I wasn’t wearing a seatbelt because the vehicle didn’t have them fitted, I didn’t have time to think about anything other than hanging on tight, never mind getting out of the seat and onto the bunk

I don’t wear the belt as a rule because when i did i forgot and jumped out of cab an nearly strangled myself. In future i prob will wear one but i will use a clunk/clip to take the tension off the belt a little.(it does not impare the seatbelts function).I supose its better to be safe than sorry.

Unfortunately I fall in to both of these options. As a serving Royal Mail driver I have a bad habit of not wearing my seatbelt when I am collecting from post boxes which are a short distance apart. Although saying that as soon as I get behind the wheel of a 7.5 tonne vehicle I put it on straight away unless I am shunting it around the yard. I know these bad habits are wide spread amongst my co-workers. Also I do see a lot of multi drop drivers from other companies not wearing there seat belts.

These bad habits of mine then leads in to me forgetting not to put it on in my car. Which is a bad move as I live close to a police station.

i wear mine most of the time but with the scanias we have i find the belt starts to hurt my shoulder .
have found this with all the scania models we’ve had but find a small buldog clip ( like they give or office to hold paperwork ) placed stops this
good thing is there is free supply in the office :laughing: :laughing:
have good friend who used to be a nurse in a/e and after all the gory stories have worn my belt for as long as they have been fitted
also in any vehicle i’m driving i make sure the headrest is adjusted right . find the ones in cars most people never move them fom the day they buy

i would if i had one
but apparentley foden dont think theyre important :open_mouth:

never in a truck, always in a car although that is to keep me prevent me moving around as im driving rather than to save my life. there have been cases where the seatbelt has or would have caused the fatality so i dont believe they are as safe as the government would have me believe

scanny77:
here have been cases where the seatbelt has or would have caused the fatality

Coffeeholic:
there will be posts from people who know someone who didn’t get killed in an accident and would have if they had been wearing their belt.

1-0 :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

is this of intrest to any one who doubts

that seat belts save lives,

SEAT-BELTS

I will try and find the vidieo from the seat belt lorry ,that the german police

allowed those who where caught not wearing seatbelts to try out,

and yes it did get the point over quite well infact,

Always!!

I am all for the Red Seatbelts you see on some trucks so that you can easily be spotted if your not wearing one.

As for maybe the 1 case where if they didn’t have their seatbelt on etc. I would personally go with the better odds of 1000’s of lives saved by wearing them! :slight_smile:

Brit Pete,

Kent police used to have a rig on a trailer, basically a car seat on a ramp that showed you what a head on at 15mph felt. They used to strap non seat belt wearers in it I can assure you the look on their faces as they jolted forwards was priceless and no doubt saved a few lives. I think they just drag it around events now (shame really)

Always if fitted…

occasionaly do forget to unbuckle when jumping out of truck though :blush:

Oh and most people get injured by items flying around the cab in an accident , this regardless of seatbelt or not…
A thought for all trampers and cab clutterers… :wink:

:

montana man:
Oh and most people get injured by items flying around the cab in an accident , this regardless of seatbelt or not…

You see plenty of cabs with a microwave in them that isn’t secured, that could take your head off in an accident. Mind you being a microwave I suppose it would be a quick death. :wink: :smiley:

BTW it was a thread on this topic that generated one of the best ever quotes on TruckNet. A poster who shall remain nameless, although for the sake of the story we will call him jammymutt, informed us that if a seatbelt isn’t fitted, you don’t have to wear it. :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Had a crash a few years ago,

the telly just flew straight out of the windscreen, butat least when it followed the MICRO WAVED!! :slight_smile: :unamused:

SOrry Coffee just thought one bad joke deserved another :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:

montana man:

You see plenty of cabs with a microwave in them that isn’t secured, that could take your head off in an accident. Mind you being a microwave I suppose it would be a quick death. :wink: :smiley:

" DING "

Not to mention T.V.s, ■■■■ collection,fridges/coolers, toolboxes, pots and pans, pretty bullspears and other windscreen junk, even a pair of "steelys from the footwell etc etc etc :unamused: :blush: :wink:

N2N Transport:
Had a crash a few years ago,

the telly just flew straight out of the windscreen, butat least when it followed the MICRO WAVED!! :slight_smile: :unamused:

SOrry Coffee just thought one bad joke deserved another :slight_smile:

No problem. Did the telly get a good reception?