Seatbelts

JB:
where`s the option in the poll for “when its windy?” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
i dont normally wear one no… shoot me and hit me with birch twigs… but then i also drink too much, eat too much, look at pictures of rude ladies and cross roads. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What is so dangerous about looking at pictures of cross roads JB?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that would be “rude ladies” which is dangerous… trust me… my wife would marmalise me…
and crossing roads when you can only muster up 2mph top speed (i`m fully freighted) is also risky…
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

A while ago ‘er indoors’ [zb] me off first thing in the morning. As I got to work and climbed in the cab, still feeling [zb] off with her, I took the photo of her out of my wallet and sat on it.

:laughing: :laughing: thats so funny i cant stop laughing. :laughing: :laughing: i voted no ive got seat belts but dont wear them.

I dont believe wearing seat belts can cause injuries. I think you are safer with then without!

I always wear a crash helmet, I always wear a seatbelt in the car!

I never wear it in the truck though and I have a 90 Euro fine to prove it :cry:

Spot on Malc, you are safer with, they can cause some injury to shoulders and chest if you come to an abrupt halt though and also can contribute to whiplash by stopping the torso moving forward but allowing the head to continue and snap to the chest, but as non of these injuries are likey to be life threatening they are better than going through the screen.

Only wear one when it’s windy and I’m driving something that might get blown over so I voted no

I always wear mine, it’s safer and has been proved - there will always be exceptions though. Like the smoker who dies at the age of 98 :open_mouth:

Anyway…baffles me as to why some of you only wear the belt in certain conditions or certain times i.e. when it’s windy, when on the motorway…are these the only times that you are likely to have an accident then■■?

An accident can happen at anytime and just because you aren’t going particularly fast - the vehicle that hits YOU might be :wink: :wink:

Like the smoker who dies at the age of 98

that happened to my Granny!

She got run over by a bus on her way to the tobacconist :stuck_out_tongue:

:unamused:
Sorry to hear that :wink:
but as a pedestrian she should really have had her hi-vis vest on :smiley: :smiley:

Dogmanbodie:
I always wear mine, it’s safer and has been proved - there will always be exceptions though. Like the smoker who dies at the age of 98 :open_mouth:

Anyway…baffles me as to why some of you only wear the belt in certain conditions or certain times i.e. when it’s windy, when on the motorway…are these the only times that you are likely to have an accident then■■?

An accident can happen at anytime and just because you aren’t going particularly fast - the vehicle that hits YOU might be :wink: :wink:

Are there certain types of vehicles or drivers that don’t have to wear a seatbelt? Such as drivers of milkfloats or those making multidrop deliveries in a transit van?

company policy no belt on no job in the morning if you get spotted shall i say