Seatbelt

Hi all, just wondering how many of you wear a seatbelt in your truck :question: I do but I have to admit only for about the last 4-5 months and mainly due to getting a fine for not wearing it but I have noticed a lot more of us wearing one in the last year or so

Worn it for years ever since I’ve driven trucks that had them fitted, doesn’t feel right if I don’t and once it’s on I forget it’s there.

Same as… and they are using CCTV to detect this (and mobile phone use) now.

I almost always wear it, but have forgotten in the past and didn’t notice until I went to take it off.

But I was on busses for years before trucks and they didn’t have seatbelts.

i only started wearing mine in trucks when i started at van den bosch out in euro land, didnt want to get fined, before that it felt restricted, it is second nature now to put it on, its just my luck the one time i don’t put it on, will be a bad day :neutral_face:

I always wear mine since i got pulled and fined by a traffic cop, and there are to many Smart camera cars about now.

always wear mine since i was fined €150 in spain,i got one of those clips that stop it from garrotting you whilst its on

Harry Monk:
Same as… and they are using CCTV to detect this (and mobile phone use) now.

Correct! I got caught on camera in Trafford Park not wearing it . . . £60 down the swanny :frowning:

I now drive a MAN which has a bleeper to reming me :wink:

I always wear mine even though when I hit a bump I get pinned to the frickin seat.

When I lived in Germany there was a senior officer who went past a camera & it flashed, He thought I’m not speeding I’ll go past again, This officer goes past right slow again, low & behold FLASH!! Officer thinks thats wrong I’m gona tell those cops over there, So he turns around & because of the road layout he needs to go past again. Flash!!! Officer goes to the cops in his rant & says that camera is busted its flashed me 3 times now.

Cop: that camera there??
Officer: Yeah that one
Cop: its remotely controlled by me
Officer: why did you flash me then??
Cop: its a seatbelt camera, if your not wearing it I take your picture now can I have your details!!

senior officer then owed the Germans 180 DM

chris mc:
I always wear mine even though when I hit a bump I get pinned to the frickin seat.

When I lived in Germany there was a senior officer who went past a camera & it flashed, He thought I’m not speeding I’ll go past again, This officer goes past right slow again, low & behold FLASH!! Officer thinks thats wrong I’m gona tell those cops over there, So he turns around & because of the road layout he needs to go past again. Flash!!! Officer goes to the cops in his rant & says that camera is busted its flashed me 3 times now.

Cop: that camera there??
Officer: Yeah that one
Cop: its remotely controlled by me
Officer: why did you flash me then??
Cop: its a seatbelt camera, if your not wearing it I take your picture now can I have your details!!

senior officer then owed the Germans 180 DM

That tale has been around for a while now, only the country varies.

Is it law to wear a seatbelt in your lorry? I’ve never worn 1 ever, don’t know wether I’d like to either to be honest. I think I like the idea of jumping into bed if things ever got sticky, having said that I’m not as springy as I was so bunk hopping might not happen. I got a tug in The Olympic Park a few months back & that was for not wearing a seatbelt, the speed limit is 15mph in their so I don’t see the point but its site rules H & S nonsence. I’ll keep my eyes open this week & see how many belt wearers I spot.

Fly sheet

If a seat belt is fitted, it must be worn.

dont wear mine unless i am giving it serious beans or its busy or wet

bigvern1:

Another chance to quote one of the most famous TruckNet posts of all time.

If a seatbelt isn’t fitted you don’t have to wear it.

Never gets old that one. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

But mine makes sense! :wink:

From another thread.

liveleak.com/view?i=e94_1286022716

Nuff said.

bigvern1:
But mine makes sense! :wink:

Since when has sense been a criteria for posting on here? :wink: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

The fact it makes absolutely no sense i’s why it’s a famous TN post.

Coffeeholic:

bigvern1:

Coffee i drive a 2001 Magnum that does not have seat belts fitted passed its test in May this year after some time off the road at the testing station we were told that if they are not fitted in a vehicle of that age they are not a legal requirement could you please enlighten me on the legal side of it is it ok to drive itor not thanks phil.

phil the book:

Coffeeholic:

bigvern1:

Coffee i drive a 2001 Magnum that does not have seat belts fitted passed its test in May this year after some time off the road at the testing station we were told that if they are not fitted in a vehicle of that age they are not a legal requirement could you please enlighten me on the legal side of it is it ok to drive itor not thanks phil.

I have no idea about the regulations regarding when they had to be fitted but if it passed it’s MOT then that tells you everything you need to know, if it required them it wouldn’t have passed. I would say you are good to go, mind you that’s a lot of windscreen to go through. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

phil the book:

Coffeeholic:

bigvern1:

I have no idea about the regulations regarding when they had to be fitted but if it passed it’s MOT then that tells you everything you need to know, if it required them it wouldn’t have passed. I would say you are good to go, mind you that’s a lot of windscreen to go through. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers Coffee as you say a lot of glass to go through i think a span strap around the Derby wont go amiss thanks.