scr/egr m.p.g

ad-blue/non ad-blue trucks, has any one noticed much of a difference in fuel consumption :question: .
our old ones with ad-blue are always 11/12/ 13 mpg , had a few new ones without ad-blue and there all running in the 8,s,i know there new and the engines will be tight [+200 hp], but surely there wouldnt normally be 3+ m.p.g difference, even when the old ones were new theyd do 10+ all day

I was chatting to one of our drivers from a different depot the other night, 09 Actros rarely does more than 7.5mpg!!! Even light loaded. Uses a tank of ad blue roughly per 1,1/2 tanks of fuel!!! 1500/2000 kms now thats rubbish, no wonder we are slowly moving away from german junk.

My DAF 65 on a 58 plate 18 tonner has been returning between 10 to 11.8 mpg :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: but for the last 2 weeks our tm has come down on us and he has told us to do a maximum speed of 50 mph so for the last 2 weeks it has gone up to 13.4 to 14.3 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: by doing 40mph on single and 50 mph on all other roads including motorways yes it was hard work on the motorways but has paid off. BUT please remember we only carry light weight 3 tons max the thing is i still finish at the same time and dont get so stressed :wink:

Imp:
I was chatting to one of our drivers from a different depot the other night, 09 Actros rarely does more than 7.5mpg!!! Even light loaded. Uses a tank of ad blue roughly per 1,1/2 tanks of fuel!!! 1500/2000 kms now thats rubbish, no wonder we are slowly moving away from german junk.

Is there a smell of Derv in the cab cos he’s robbing fuel. My own Actros does more than that on Ireland’s back road’s full weight and more both way’s and i run a timber crane for well over an hour a day.

Nice work if you can get it…