Scotish truckstops

In your opinion are they better and more driver friendly than the UK ones.Is there a list to obtain where the Scotish stops are and any recomendations and tips for the best one.I have found the food better and staff helpful and cheerful.And pull the curtains open in the morning to see a rolling glen or river.Beats the office job. :open_mouth:

toby1234abc:
In your opinion are they better and more driver friendly than the UK ones.Is there a list to obtain where the Scotish stops are and any recomendations and tips for the best one.I have found the food better and staff helpful and cheerful.And pull the curtains open in the morning to see a rolling glen or river.Beats the office job. :open_mouth:

last time i looked i thought sotland was in the united kingdom :wink:
and i dont recall seeing any rivers or rolling glens last time i had a night out in parkhead

chaversdad:

Unfortunately it is. :imp: :imp: Hopefully one day it won’t be. :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: the way some go on - you’d swear they were ashamed to be British :confused: having said that, I think we’re all heading that way :laughing:

Getting political now.I did a post why brits were rubbish at winning in sports,i thought Andy Murray was english and told to do research,i did not kill anyone.! :slight_smile:

:unamused: sorry Toby, was just an observation. Unfortunately I’ve never had the pleasure (I always seem to get sent south but never been further north than york) would love a few nights up there in a truck though.

Darkseeker,i wasnt aiming comments about you,my line of thinking,was the Scottish issue is sensitive with some tn users.Was diving in the Scapa Flow to see the sunk german navy war fleet,the "high tea"in the afternoon,was a large tray of homemade cakes/biscuits,about a foot tall of food,we could not eat the evening meal.One diver forgot to turn his air tap on,in effect in the pre-dive buddy safety check his tap was turned off then in error.He was gasping at 40 metres in the dark.The more advanced went inside the ships with safety lines,but the silt can leave you with no viz,then the air runs out,panicking to get out.Not for the faint hearted,the rest were nitrox divers so,had more breathing time.

what does that have to do with truck stops?

Most Scottish Truckstops are cheaper to park and cheaper food, Its also strange that as a whole there is a lack of Truckstops in the UK yet the stretch between Carlisle and Glasgow has at least 7 !!
You dont have to worry too much about running over your driving time aswell because there is always enough room to park and you are always within 15mins of the next Truckstop. I do prefer heading North.
Everyone is a bit more chilled out which suits me perfectly.

Coffeeholic:

chaversdad:

Unfortunately it is. :imp: :imp: Hopefully one day it won’t be. :stuck_out_tongue:

i agree and im english and proud of it.

toby1234abc:
my line of thinking,was the Scottish issue is sensitive with some tn users…

Maybe not so? I think there was a time long ago when scots nationalists where seen as aliens and the issue of ‘independance’ was almost seen as a ‘if you’re not with us then you’re against us issue’. Nowadays these issues are generally seen as a benefit to all seperate countries , i.e to have a voice to say in their own issues. These findings/polls have been reported recently in the mainstream media.
Anyway, Scottish truckstops !! Yes in general (i think) they are better, and certainley cheaper and there’s more room. I also reckon the women serving breakfasts at Lesmahago truckstop could work the doors on any Liverpool nightclub !! :smiley: It is very generally more relaxed up there as they don’t suffer the same rush for space and time as say for example …Essex does. Strathcaro services, lorry park whatever you wanna call it has to rank as abysmal, but seeing as there is nowt else around there you sort of welcome it when you’re up there. Titan truckstop in Essex is probably brilliant, i wouldn’t know, every time i’ve been there its been full and i’ve been turned away and couldn’t get in.
Still the notion of it being better up north holds true with me, whether it is actually true or not. And i can’t get out of my head the image of someone down south eating a ‘prime aberdeen angus’ steak that was produced from some scabby old cow from a brick strewn field alongside the A90 with an industrial estate as a backdrop !!! You can’t beat the Glens !!!

jessicas dad:

Coffeeholic:

chaversdad:

What any of that has got to do with Scottish Truckstops is beyond me.

Morons the pair of you! Thankfully both of you don’t represent decent english people on here, and elsewhere.

(Both moderators as well! :unamused:)

ANDY1961:

jessicas dad:

Coffeeholic:

chaversdad:

Morons the pair of you! Thankfully both of you don’t represent decent english people on here, and elsewhere.

But not both English. JD and I are agreeing on something from opposite sides of the fence.

Coffeeholic:

ANDY1961:

jessicas dad:

Coffeeholic:

chaversdad:

But not both English. JD and I are agreeing on something from opposite sides of the fence.

Isn’t Mr Coffee from Edinburgh? :wink:

Steve-o:

Coffeeholic:

ANDY1961:

jessicas dad:

Coffeeholic:

chaversdad:

Oops! My bad! Apologies Coffee! (Although the real scots come from Glasgow! :wink: :wink:)

Apologies to JD as well.

I shouldn’t come on to Truck Net when I’m in a bad mood.

:blush: :blush:

Steve-o:

Coffeeholic:

ANDY1961:

jessicas dad:

Coffeeholic:

chaversdad:

What does that mean he is English, Australian, South African or Eastern European, never see many scots folk in Edinburgh.

Kenny1975:

Steve-o:

What does that mean he is English, Australian, South African or Eastern European, never see many scots folk in Edinburgh.

Just to clarify, I am Scottish/European although I live in a foreign country these days.

ANDY1961:

Steve-o:

Coffeeholic:

ANDY1961:

jessicas dad:

Coffeeholic:

chaversdad:

Oops! My bad! Apologies Coffee! (Although the real scots come from Glasgow! :wink: :wink:)

Apologies to JD as well.

I shouldn’t come on to Truck Net when I’m in a bad mood.

:blush: :blush:

Quite right Andy. Those east coast fairies wouldn’t stand a chance against a Glaswegian :laughing: :laughing:

driving in scotland a lot as part of my job,i honestly think there is not enough.granted,there a quite a few up the "74,but the rest of scotland i think is seriously lacking in decent truckstops.up the a9 to inverness you are limited,as going up the east side.yes you have dundee and stracathro,but they arent “great”.the top of scotland is also poor,and the central belt.shame really.
ps it tend to favour the edinburgh side more than glasgow,they are more polite!..they shake your hand before mugging you. :laughing: (please dont take that as a personal insult,im joking). :wink: