Scotch corner to penrith a66

any one know what a66 scotch corner to penrith is like gona be going from chesterfield to glasgow tomorrow morning …will be tackling that stretch around 3.30 4 am

i know its not closed,my mate went over it last night,he said it was bad,but driveable.the gritters are usually pretty good on the 66.i will ring another mate soon who does it most nights and get an update.

well it was a bit scary this morning i went through just before they closed it…morrisons wagon jack knifed west bound up against barriers …couple of times my arse went a bit lol…east bound 2 were stuck on brow of hill blocking it off then there was loads stuck to going west …i came back through at around 12.30 pm stright through…looks as if it wasnt gritted at all in early hours of morning

The snow gates were shut just after midnight, as I had to radio our control after being asked by a couple of truckers if it was open. I’ve been in bed all day after finishing nights so hopefully it will have been cleared today, however, there is 10cm of snow forecast for tonight so don’t hold your breath on it staying open for long. :wink:

im out of it now lol …in wetherby for night then to chesterfield then to milton keynes then crick so hopefully ill be ok

Hopefully its open tonight, ive a one hit Anwick to do cmon…

I went from derby to penrith last night
few guys told me the A66 was shut (?)
So i went M1/M62/M6
there is ment to be 15min in it from useing the A66 to the M6 (?)