A66 weekend closure

Just a heads up to those of us unfortunate to be planning on going over the A66 that this weekend it’ll be closed from 20:00 on Friday night to 06:00 Monday morning for westbound traffic from Scotch Corner to Barnard Castle A67, from 22:00 Friday night to 06:00 Monday morning for eastbound traffic from A67 to Scotch Corner.

I think it’s to do with the underpass work at the Bowes junction so no getting around it unfortunately, not even going through Bowes.

Proper going to stuff my run up to Penrith tonight.

UPDATE FROM HIGHWAYS AGENCY

Due to the high winds forecast this weekend the planned closure has been cancelled

twitter.com/HighwaysNEAST/statu … 74752?s=20

Wouldn’t count on using it over weekend, probably be closed due to the forecast winds.

Nite Owl:
Wouldn’t count on using it over weekend, probably be closed due to the forecast winds.

I reckon from Saturday night/Sunday morning it will be but it’ll be OK for my night trunk tonight than god as I’m apparently on days next week so the early night trunk I was given would be nice to finish early and not have 1.5hrs added because of the closure.

Its closed for 4 consecutive weekends, this would have been number 2 so still 3 to go as this ones been cancelled