scania

if the ■■■ lighter doesnt work is there any way of charging sat-nav ,saw another driver with some kind of adaptor pluged side of engine tunnel [are they 120v,240v ].where would you get adaptor ,why do you need adaptor :question:

From most truck stops they are hella sockets check your satnav can take 24v.

The sockets are 12v and 24v on the scania there is one of both but other trucks vary.

ady1:
if the ■■■ lighter doesnt work is there any way of charging sat-nav

Yes

ady1:
saw another driver with some kind of adaptor pluged side of engine tunnel

That’s the place to do it.

ady1:
[are they 120v,240v ]

They are 12 volt and 24 volt, not 120 and 240. :wink: The other figures you see on a sticker above the sockets is their power rating in watts.

ady1:
where would you get adaptor

Most truckstops, truck accessories suppliers or try ebay. They are a Hella socket and you can get adaptors with a ‘normal’ lighter socket on one end and a Hella plug on the other.

ady1:
why do you need adaptor :question:

Because the plug that goes in the lighter socket doesn’t fit into Hella sockets.

thanks both of you

Some cig lighteer plugs have a little collar on the end (often red) if you twist it and remove this it becomes a Hella plug.

my voltage dropper has a cig plug on & the end unscrews to fit in the hella plug
lorrybits.com/product_info.p … in-dropper this is mine, i got it of ebay for about £8 last year