Really stupid question time

I need a multi plug adapter so I can run my phone charger, sat nav etc at the same time. One of the blokes says he has a spare 12/24 v one max 5amp. Now my ■■■ lighter has a 12amp fuse in it and as far as im aware the ■■■ lighter would be too powerful for said adapter. Is that correct or am I ok to use it?

You’re ok to use it, the output of the cigarette lighter is greater than the power requirement of the thing you will be plugging in to it.

Get yourself one of these if you have a hella socket :wink:
ebay.co.uk/itm/Hella-Twin-UK … 566073111a

Thanks. Unfortunately I dont have one.

You’ll be fine with that, the 12 amp rating for the cigarette socket is the max load that can be plugged into it. With a max 5 amp rating on your multiplug you’re comfortably below that.

On a 5 amp rated multiplug you’ll be ok with a couple of phone/sat nav chargers, just don’t plug things like kettles into it as most have a draw of around 15 amps.

what you plug in will only draw the amps it needs. there’s 12amps available from the cig lighter, but if you plug something in that’ll only draw 1 amp, then that’s all that will flow through the wires

Thank you.

Not a stupid question.It is best to ask than do damage.It shows respect for somebody elses property.
I know many use maps and atlases,but if the ■■■ lighter is not working to use a sat nav,some have vehicle off road or Vor untill the garage repairs it as some firms forbid drivers changing fuses.
If there are many drops with no sat nav,it is a pain.
Or write down the addreses by NOT buying the A to Z atlas in the Msa.Or remember where places are.