Sat Nav question

I have a tom tom 300 which I have mostly used in my car, today however I had to drive a scania, but the cigerette lighter said 24V. There was a 12v slot on the side of the dash, but my adaptor was too big.

Is their a special bit of kit I need to convert one to the other

Steve

Yep

You can get them from most truck stops, for example Lymm on the M6 have them at £7.99

Cheers

I have one.

It changes your sat nav plug,into a 6mm jack plug.

Ken.

Or you could just have pluggged it into the 24 volt socket as the Tom Tom power leads are dual voltage. :smiley: :smiley:

Check here if you doubt me. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: That lists what comes in the box when you buy the unit, check item number 6.

The 12 volt socket you saw is known as a Hella socket.

hgvsteve:
I have a tom tom 300 which I have mostly used in my car, today however I had to drive a scania, but the cigerette lighter said 24V. There was a 12v slot on the side of the dash, but my adaptor was too big.

Is their a special bit of kit I need to convert one to the other

Steve

brought mine of ebay for 4.99
search.ebay.co.uk/search/search. … 2&from=R18

if using tomtom prodiucts then they will take 24 volts quite happily tomtom car kits and tomtom go products will be fine in a 24v socket

Thank you all for your advice, you are correct, the Tom Tom adaptor has dual voltage, so there was no reason for me to get lost yesterday ha ha

Manybe I should ask first and buy later

Steve