Cigarette Plug help wanted (Scania p230)

HI all.

Just started driving my first truck (rigid,06 Scania p230) My problem is that the cigarette lighter plug does not work. My guessing its just a fuse but really need something for tonight and dont have the time to fix it before i start today as its only my second day. I noticed 3 plugs on the dash over near the passengers side with 12v and 24v but they seem to be alot smaller than the normal plug. Could any tell the name of these plugs and is it possible to get some sort of extension that would power my sat-nav and charge the phone.

Hope this not a silly question but i did ask in my local halfords about these plugs and the had no idea what i was talking about.

Many thanks

Keith

Small plus ate hella sockets usually 24 v. The other socket should be 12 v and user a normal sized plug that would fit the cigarette lighter socket. A lot of wagons the cigarette socket is 24 v.

Many thanks for that. A least i have the correct name for them now. Big help.

I have just pulled my top plug out on the dash and looks like someone has soldered extention wires on them, I use that to charge my phone and sat nav and Kindle using one of those multi plugs, I don’t use the other two.

Hella plugs will usually be 24v as has been said.

Whip the sockets out. Swap the wires round and plug in your phone charger. If it lights up plug it in to your phone. It’s the Amos that are important not the voltage and your charger should (I said should) take care of the rest. It’s easy to check the fuse just replace it. But it’s usually the socket that wears out in my experience

HTH

I drive an older Scania which has one regular (DIN) power outlet (cigarette lighter type) and two smaller Hella sockets, one 12v and one 24v. Adaptors are available which are basically a hella plug which is wired to one or more normal DIN sockets

so you can use devices with normal plugs via a hella socket.

The normal cigarette lighter socket are apparently known to fail with use so it could be that, or it could be the fuse (in mine one fuse powers all the sockets so if it goes the Hellas also go down as well as the interior lights.