Scania Speed / Torque mods

I have the Scania software that enables you to alter the speed limiter, i.e you could set your fleet to 52mph to save fuel or up your own truck to 62mph… :sunglasses:
(Tacho will still read correct speed)
I can also “nudge up” the torque curves to give more power on accelaration.
This software only lets you alter the ECU commands to within the max limits set by Scania so will not damage your truck.

Works with any 4 series and most R series.
Software runs on laptop so could meet you on the road if needed…
PM for details.

Many Thanks,

EL Benno

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

for how much.

£25 + some diesel money if I come out to you…

Im based near Jnc1 M69 Hinckley…

El-benno, you said pm for details :arrow_right:
I did that :arrow_right:
Wheres my ■■■■■■■ details :exclamation:

can you send me a pm with your details, thanks, phil.

sorry people, im away for a week or so… ill let you know when im back…

I can see a benefit in reducing the limiter to save fuel, would be annoying to drive though !!!

surely increasing it to 62 would get you into trouble! and get noticed when the truck goes into test !

I don’t have a Scania anyway

Denis F:
I can see a benefit in reducing the limiter to save fuel, would be annoying to drive though !!!

surely increasing it to 62 would get you into trouble! and get noticed when the truck goes into test !

I don’t have a Scania anyway

Don’t take it for test then :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t you need some kind of interface between notebook computer and truck? What sort of cable is needed?

el benno is obviously full of bull. why put it on here if you can’t deliver the goods■■?

this is very interesting,

To change a 4 series a lead called a VCI is needed, these are registered to the scania dealer that owns it, everytime a change is made the VCI number is stamped into the ECU’s so it can be traced back to whoever set it,

To change an R series, you also need a VCI lead but not the same one and a USB Key which gives you access to make adjustments, Scania dealers have a fairly high up USB key that allows adjustments to the truck, there are Lower permission USB keys that allow diagnosis but no changes, and i believe the highest permission USB is reserved for the factory technicians,

I would be very careful of someone offering to change speedlimiters and torque curves to be honest, for one, if you limiter is upped you will need to pay to have it dropped again at mot, and torque curves cant just be upped, without knowing what you are doing, or you will damage your engine and fuel ecomony, if it was that easy everyone would be doing it, if you want more power go to someone like feather diesels and let them do it.

Also if this person has got the correct leads, then i would suspect they are stolen, as they cost a small fortune to purchase these leads and its on yearly subscription, if have heard figures of £5000 plus a year for the leads and USB keys,

Beware !!

Discopete:
this is very interesting,

To change a 4 series a lead called a VCI is needed, these are registered to the scania dealer that owns it, everytime a change is made the VCI number is stamped into the ECU’s so it can be traced back to whoever set it,

To change an R series, you also need a VCI lead but not the same one and a USB Key which gives you access to make adjustments, Scania dealers have a fairly high up USB key that allows adjustments to the truck, there are Lower permission USB keys that allow diagnosis but no changes, and i believe the highest permission USB is reserved for the factory technicians,

I would be very careful of someone offering to change speedlimiters and torque curves to be honest, for one, if you limiter is upped you will need to pay to have it dropped again at mot, and torque curves cant just be upped, without knowing what you are doing, or you will damage your engine and fuel ecomony, if it was that easy everyone would be doing it, if you want more power go to someone like feather diesels and let them do it.

Also if this person has got the correct leads, then i would suspect they are stolen, as they cost a small fortune to purchase these leads and its on yearly subscription, if have heard figures of £5000 plus a year for the leads and USB keys,

Beware !!

you can buy all you need off the net without registering a thing. £980.00

yes i think you will find it will let you diagnose faults but not change settings, and a fair few of the fixes that are sugguested by these systems are so wrong its funny, people buy these systems, and think thats it, then spend loads of money on parts as they are trusting what they are being told, and then bring it to us to fix properly !!!

I have seen these systems and they are useless ! and a waste of money,

Our software changes more or less monthly, and it means if the software is not updated we can not even talk to the latest trucks, until we update to the latest level of software,

Discopete:
yes i think you will find it will let you diagnose faults but not change settings, and a fair few of the fixes that are sugguested by these systems are so wrong its funny, people buy these systems, and think thats it, then spend loads of money on parts as they are trusting what they are being told, and then bring it to us to fix properly !!!

I have seen these systems and they are useless ! and a waste of money,

Our software changes more or less monthly, and it means if the software is not updated we can not even talk to the latest trucks, until we update to the latest level of software,

surely the best place to change settings on any truck is a main dealer :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

mind you, it’s probably not the cheapest :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

exactly !

dont play with things yourself, its not worth it and will cost you dear in the long run, seen it too many times now,

if you dont know what your doing leave it alone :laughing:

discopete is spot on…we struggle with our diagnostics and it’s a top of the range laptop based system…but the fault codes are very vague and an inexperienced mechanic would just be doing the old ‘keep changing parts till it’s fixed’ routine.
however i was told a while ago of a disgruntled scania employee who obtained all the correct software,leads,usb key and paperwork from scania prior to leaving his employer…and he’s in the right area for that story to have an element of truth about it.

I would not touch a vehicle that has been fiddled with,its like all this chipping up, the engine might built for it but the transmission ain’t.When i bought my 480 volvo you pay not so much for the extra 40bhp over a 440 but for the uprated gearbox.

Pulling the fuse will get you 62 as well■■? :smiley: Guys full of it and will prob rob you if you met him or either wreck your truck with his lack of knowledge!

I was going round the 25 at about 430am a couple of weeks ago on the limit when a fuel tanker overtook me at a rapid pace of knots … and i mean overtook me and an audi … one of those moments when u look down at your speedo and think what the f…