Speed Limter

Quick question.

My 26t Scania is cuurently limited to 86, but used to be 89. I want it reset to 89 but the TM has been told by Scania that it can only be done at the limiter callibration which isn’t due until November.

anybody know if this is correct?

cheers :slight_smile:

can be turned up using the laptop at any scania dealer had mine turned up a while back to 90 from 85 took about 5 minutes recalibration not due for another year

Your TM is lying to you because he wants to “save fuel”.

how old is it?

Your tm is a prick, 89+ is the way to go…

Its an '06 plate.

I think there’s more to it than saving fuel but I can’t say too much on here.

anisboy:
Its an '06 plate.

I think there’s more to it than saving fuel but I can’t say too much on here.

Dont worry about it 3 km aint gonna kill you , he is the TM, you is the driver , he wins , I had a new Daf come and it was set at 85 , peed me off for abit but got use to it. It did save fuel as well .

anisboy:
Its an '06 plate.

It’s a laptop job. £25. But if you pay for it to be set at 59/60, then he’ll expect about £150.00.

If you wanna go faster buy your own truck.

anisboy:
Quick question.

My 26t Scania is cuurently limited to 86, but used to be 89. I want it reset to 89 but the TM has been told by Scania that it can only be done at the limiter callibration which isn’t due until November.

anybody know if this is correct?

cheers :slight_smile:

Is the truck on contract maintenance ? If it is,then they will only do it at calibration time,as part of the contract,if you want it done any other time you have to pay.

89km/h is the optimum speed for fuel in any Scania. Was told this by Scania Haydock when I took one of ASDA’s units in that does 83km/h and collected one that does 89km/h after I joked about the one I brought in being broke as it was too slow (it was in for service). The unit I took in was ex-netto and ASDA want them uprating to 89 as they are burning too much fuel. They run too low in revs and BELOW the green band and also have a tendency to change down gear if not on the cruise control.

Kerbdog:
89km/h is the optimum speed for fuel in any Scania. Was told this by Scania Haydock when I took one of ASDA’s units in that does 83km/h and collected one that does 89km/h after I joked about the one I brought in being broke as it was too slow (it was in for service). The unit I took in was ex-netto and ASDA want them uprating to 89 as they are burning too much fuel. They run too low in revs and BELOW the green band and also have a tendency to change down gear if not on the cruise control.

I think my boss had a few turned down then had them upped again because they were using to much fuel and wouldnt sit in top gear.

The scania i drive sits right at the bottom of the green band in top gear at 89 so it seems obvious any slower would impact on the fuel consumption.

Really, Asda want to up theirs back to 89, I’ll believe that when I see it…

Pimpdaddy:
Really, Asda want to up theirs back to 89, I’ll believe that when I see it…

I’m pretty sure some of them have cos they whip past me on the M5 :frowning:

It may only be 3km but its amazing the difference it makes when you only have the motorway to make up time.

Hello to everyone I am new to the forum but have driven now for 3 years (C+E) most in ADR regs. With regards to the limiter debate I have driven various trucks set at 85kmh and 90 kmh. With my time at Poundland all their trucks are at 85 kmh and I found when doing a Plymouth I would run out of time just before the Plymouth junction on the A38 in a 85kmh truck. They also had some other hired set at 90 KMH and for some reason I would make the shop with time to spare, unload have my break and get back using under 9 hours driving, 85 kmh either 10 hours or a night out. You may save fuel but you are paying more wages and allowences too. The differences are not great on shorter distances but on a good long run it seems to me it does.

Never been left by Asda motor, had a Sainsbury axor lap me in the m1 the other week, sticker says 50 on their trailers, must have been an NFT one or something…

or pulled the fuse

Plod on you gets paid why worry. too many people in a rush nowadays.

I wouldn’t give a flick if they dropped the speed to 80 kph

Discodave:
or pulled the fuse

was gonna say that :laughing:
iirc its number 2, or is that the tacho head? :laughing: :laughing:

Discodave:
or pulled the fuse

On an 06? You’re out of date. :laughing: