Scania Driving Experience

Sorry if this posted before but has anyone any experience of using these for training. Looking to come back into driving and need to do C+E. Idea of cost also appreciated.

Have you been to visit them as yet :question: or asked if you can have a test drive :question: is there any other provider in your area that you can compare with :question:

You could always call them to ask some questions they should be more than willing to answer

Why go with Scania :question:

I have been approaching other training providers and using the info already on this site. I will be approaching Scania direct in new Year but a bit of extra knowledge is always useful. I have limited knowledge of South West as I did my C in Manchester/Stockport, for my D it was through the company. I have no preference for scania per se. When i come to spend my hard earned cash i want to try and get the best option that fits me.

Don’t be sucked in by the name.

I’ll be honest; I’m an established trainer (close on 40 years) and I phoned Scania for some info. What I was told was inacurate, misleading and unhelpful. Very sad when they have such a great “front”.

That said, I know a couple of the trainers at one branch and they’re fine. But they don’t speak highly of the set-up.

Maybe they should stick to what they do best - making very good trucks. :laughing: :laughing:

Just re-read the OP. You asked for an idea of cost. We charge £1200 fully inclusive for CE. But there’s a hell of a lot more to it than price. Never did the saying “buyer beware” have greater relevance!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Buyer beware always applies!! Never overly impressed with scanias whenever i drove them - preferred daf and volvo. I-shift lot better than opticruise.

You could give Peter a phone in the new year as I know he will give you some very good sound advice ( this does come from experience btw the same as DataAcademy on here ) it will also be impartial

daleman:
I have been approaching other training providers and using the info already on this site. I will be approaching Scania direct in new Year but a bit of extra knowledge is always useful. I have limited knowledge of South West as I did my C in Manchester/Stockport, for my D it was through the company. I have no preference for scania per se. When i come to spend my hard earned cash i want to try and get the best option that fits me.

Very sound as you say it is your hard earned cash & you would like what would be the best for you

Thanks for all the advice - really appreciated.