Scania driving school or other?

Hi everyone, I’m another hgv wannabe. I’m currently thinking of taking my C and C+E combined with Scania, because, and probably naively, if they build good trucks then they should be good at instructing too right? Will (hopefully) passing my course with such a well known company look better on my cv than passing it with bodget and legget driving school so to speak? They’re charging nearly £3200 for the combined courses with medical, exams etc all in. Is this expensive? I’ve been in touch with another company and they’re over £500 more! I’d appreciate any help/ tips on this matter, or if anyone knows any better/cheaper courses in or near Bristol I’d be thankful for your input.

Many thanks guys,

Darth

1 Scaniai lorrys not that good

Just because it has 'Scania ’ on the side means not a lot when it comes to training how do you know they are The Best tbh think that is very expensive

May be ask the forum sponsor what he charges so you can compare or indeed any of the other trainers pm to ask there prices like for like

Depending on exactly what is included, the price may not be ridiculously high. But many companies make an art form out of missing some of the details. I’m not saying that Scania are in this group.

The OP is clearly interested in quality from the comments and questions. Interesting that Scania are not accredited by DVSA; sadly most trainers are in the same boat.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve seen their trucks come out of Roadtrains yard (DVSA test centre) .
Their trucks are the best fleet I’ve seen.

As for their instructors I have no idea.

Are retests included?
As if not, it’s not exactly cheap…

I was at that test centre recently and I’m pleased the instructor reversing the Scania into position for test doesn’t work for me. It was embarrassing. I wouldn’t be surprised if the candidates could have done better.
But yes, pretty truck.

adam277:
I’ve seen their trucks come out of Roadtrains yard (DVSA test centre) .
Their trucks are the best fleet I’ve seen.

As for their instructors I have no idea.

Take that man out & you have a good pic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for all the posts guys, Peter Smythe has PM’d me to get in touch. Thanks again all

Darthcorms:
Thanks for all the posts guys, Peter Smythe has PM’d me to get in touch. Thanks again all

Never stops working does Pete :smiley:

Peter Smythe:
I was at that test centre recently and I’m pleased the instructor reversing the Scania into position for test doesn’t work for me. It was embarrassing. I wouldn’t be surprised if the candidates could have done better.
But yes, pretty truck.

Yea, I saw a similar school do that. The instructor could not reverse straight. :laughing:
There is a fair few Mickey Mouse schools in the Essex area. That said I’ve only heard good things about Scania.

Never stops working does Pete :smiley:

It’s more of a passion than work. Think you know that Paul.

Don’t know what Scania are like as instructors, but have read quite a few times they don’t seem interested in getting back to people with any information or just stop replying mid communications. £3200 does sound a tad expensive assuming this is for all tests, medical, class C, class C+E (if only one then it’s very overpriced!)

I do suspect their instructor fleet and the actual truck building business are very separate, but sounds like you might have found a known good instructor on here. I’m also told there are a few others, eg: Tockwith Training seem to get decent reviews and they’re on here sometimes (absolutely nothing against Peter btw, just adding in other options :slight_smile: ).

I took both tests with scania in Worksop and yes a tad high on price but I wouldn’t fault them. Instructors was great and went through EVERYTHING.
Although I’d recommend them it may be worth searching for a cheaper company. :slight_smile:

have a look at wttl devizes