Saw a Ridgid downtons lorry?

I have seem afew ridgid Downtons lorrys recently. I thought once apon a time thay only ran antics. Dose anyone know how many thay are running and what kind of pay it is on there ridgids, and what depos there running them from ? thanks all

Yep seen them and passed them like I do the artics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure they had them at Gloucester must be 15 yrs ago , but I don’t think many

jrt:
I have seem afew ridgid Downtons lorrys recently. I thought once apon a time thay only ran antics. Dose anyone know how many thay are running and what kind of pay it is on there ridgids, and what depos there running them from ? thanks all

Driving the “antics” is poor pay so guessing driving a non bendy one would be even less pay. Never seen one myself though.

Got 2 down in Chatham…But still in c&h livery…1 in tilbury also in the same livery…Other than that think there might be a couple at Gloucester…No idea what they pay though…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pay is crap and they don’t like you having coffee breaks… :grimacing:

I think it’s only one or two in Gloucester depot, im assuming they are driven by drivers holding C+E licenses as the other 99% of vehicles are tractor units.

They’re advertising for nights and days at Leeds. I was supposed to get a call to go for interview/ assessment but number they gave us never answered. Though they did say at initial blurb they only run artics at this depot.

Maybe they’ve realised the odd 18/26t might be better as a business flexible option?

Pay didn’t seem too bad but again that would depend on area I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagerbeaver:

Haha…do elaborate :grimacing:

:blush:

eagerbeaver:

To be fair, they have not complained about my many, often lengthy, breaks (I have a Mediterranean attitude towards work ). As long as I bring the truck back without more damage, they seem happy.

Conan the Librarian:

eagerbeaver:

Last time I ’ elaborated ’ about this, it did 10 pages :laughing:

dcgpx:
They’re advertising for nights and days at Leeds. I was supposed to get a call to go for interview/ assessment but number they gave us never answered. Though they did say at initial blurb they only run artics at this depot.

Maybe they’ve realised the odd 18/26t might be better as a business flexible option?

I wouldn’t bother chasing it up mate,the firm is a joke and the driver trainer at Leeds is the biggest back stabbing jobsworth tool you will ever come across

eagerbeaver:

Conan the Librarian:

eagerbeaver:

Last time I ’ elaborated ’ about this, it did 10 pages :laughing:

:open_mouth: :grimacing:

yorkshire terrier:

dcgpx:

I wouldn’t bother chasing it up mate,the firm is a joke and the driver trainer at Leeds is the biggest back stabbing jobsworth tool you will ever come across

It’s not the best company I’ve worked for, and not the worst. As is often the case, life is what you make it. I get on well. Doing what they ask me to, on my terms. I see a lot of dross in our uniform too, and feel the companies pain that they can’t get rid of them. The damage to the trucks is shocking…