Alright folks has anyone worked for Devereux Transport?

Got an interview and assessment with them soon just wondered what anyone knows hrs pay etc I’m aiming for tramping not sure what they have as yet like I’m sure ill find all this out at the interview lol but it’s always good to get it from people in the know current or ex drivers.

Last time I spoke with one of there lads think he mentioned about £7ph,think they do work for nestle, he seemed happy enough tbh and seem to have plenty of trucks I see them all over

Yeah it’s around £7.20 but it go’s up after so many hrs tbh it’s hard to get anything up here that’s not agency for £8 and over its normally £8 across the board from what I’ve found

GavMc P11GT:
Yeah it’s around £7.20 but it go’s up after so many hrs tbh it’s hard to get anything up here that’s not agency for £8 and over its normally £8 across the board from what I’ve found

£8ph straight through down here in Leeds with downtons aswell I’m afraid,

Flt drivers make more its sickening innit

GavMc P11GT:
Flt drivers make more its sickening innit

And shelf stackers allegedly!!

Travelling Eastbound on the A689 last week(early evening), 2 roundabouts before the A19. On checking my mirrors there’s a new Scania(led running lights) in Devereux colours lashing down the outside lane approaching the roundabout. I’m immediately thinking “what’s this prick doing?, we’re going to arrive at the roundabout together”
I was driving an empty petrol tanker, I backed off & he went through the roundabout in lane 2, cut across into lane 1 then started to accelerate but he’s obviously fully loaded so I pressed resume on the cruise and passed him quite easily due to the fact I’m pulling an empty 5.5t trailer.
When we reach the A19, I go straight across towards Seal Sands & he goes south on the A19. It leaves you gobsmacked that so called ‘profession drivers’ will drive like car drivers!
Where was his forethought, why brake so late & so hard approaching a roundabout especially when you’re with another artic?
If Devereux are another firm paying peanuts then I’m afraid that’s the kind of driver they’ll attract.

Dogsbody:
Travelling Eastbound on the A689 last week(early evening), 2 roundabouts before the A19. On checking my mirrors there’s a new Scania(led running lights) in Devereux colours lashing down the outside lane approaching the roundabout. I’m immediately thinking “what’s this prick doing?, we’re going to arrive at the roundabout together”
I was driving an empty petrol tanker, I backed off & he went through the roundabout in lane 2, cut across into lane 1 then started to accelerate but he’s obviously fully loaded so I pressed resume on the cruise and passed him quite easily due to the fact I’m pulling an empty 5.5t trailer.
When we reach the A19, I go straight across towards Seal Sands & he goes south on the A19. It leaves you gobsmacked that so called ‘profession drivers’ will drive like car drivers!
Where was his forethought, why brake so late & so hard approaching a roundabout especially when you’re with another artic?
If Devereux are another firm paying peanuts then I’m afraid that’s the kind of driver they’ll attract.

Right, right, right.

Well in my opinion it was clearly foot down Friday on said occasion :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing:

No, it wasn’t Friday, he was just a Pratt. When you can see a roundabout ahead, why would any ‘professional driver’ come barrelling down the outside lane in an artic, in an attempt to overtake another artic, before the roundabout?
Pathetic!!

Bump

Dogsbody:

so does that mean we are all monkeys?? as said £8ph is about the normal, so do we sit on our arse and refuse to work or go with it and earn a bit??

you dont know anyones circumstances for doing this either, I work for this.

a small family firm. arrange my own hours and am left alone on top of this i,m 5 minutes from my truck and get next to no hassle… give me this anytime over more money with more bull crap, h+s ect